Slightly Cloudy

Apr 14, 2016
Laurel, Mississippi
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am getting my pool ready for first use this year. I kept it uncovered year round and was clear all year. A few days ago it began to get slightly cloudy and has remained that way. I can still see the bottom, it's just not crystal clear like I am use to. Below are the levels I took with test kit. I haven't added any chemicals since last summer other than keeping chlorine levels steady. My source of chlorine is Clorox bleach. I am just wanting to stay on top of it before I have a real problem. Temps are starting to get in the mid 80's daily so water temp is rising. Current temp is 74 fyi.

FC - 5
CC - 0
TC - 5
PH - 7.8
TA - 100
CH - 75
CYA - 30

I forgot to add that there dead pollen blooms and pollen in the bottom of the pool and I vacuumed the pool yesterday and today. So I am not sure if getting that stirred up made it cloudy and I just need to let my pump and filter run and clear it up. Currently I have it running all day and so far tonight. I back washed the pump yesterday as well.

Your numbers are not that bad, but spring got here fast this year so organics will thrive quickly. Maintaining that FC is critical. I would consider increasing FC to about 10 just for a day or so to help with the extra organics in your water from the seasonal changes. The increase for 24 hours or so may be just what your water needs to kick into gear this spring and resolve the cloudiness. Of course if in a day or two the cloudiness does not go away, or conditions worsen, consider performing an overnight (OCLT) to see if you need to do a full SLAM. Hope that helps.

Ok yesterday I raised my chlorine level to 10 and raised my CYA and CH a little as well. I tested around 7pm. Today I just tested my levels and my numbers are below.

FC - 9
CC - 0
TC - 9
CH - 125
PH - 7.5
TA - 100
CYA - 40

I posted a picture as well. Seems to be a little better but still slightly cloudy. I think I may be nit picking though. I still have a little bit more to vacuum out with my aquabot junior. I think as long as I keep vacuuming and keep my chlorine levels right I should be fine. What say you?

959901e3603ba250b4e889b3d37d74fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

Definitely keep your FC up. It should clear up quickly because you caught it early.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.