Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Marcite Pool - Brown "area" discolored

1. Back To Top    #1

Marcite Pool - Brown "area" discolored

I've had a brown stain develop over the winter that I could not managed to brush away at all. It has covered a fairly large area. The pool is finally large enough to get in so I went under with goggled to look at it. The area makes a slight divot into the marcite and it really just appears like brown plaster vice a stain of some sort. The texture is not quite like the marcite. No clue if its a growth or whatever is below the marcite. It doesn't go very deep but it is slightly below the rest of the pool area. The area is a little bit smaller than the size of my hand. I'm concerned that A. Its not going away, and B. If its going to spread or majorly damage the pool. Thanks. I posed a zoomed in picture and normal view from above.

IMG_2079[1].jpgIMG_2080[1].jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Marcite Pool - Brown "area" discolored

Have you tried the "vitamin c test" to determine if it's metal-based? If not, crush up some vitamin c in a sock and set it on the stain.

It would be helpful if your specs were in your signature and if you posted your water parameters.
    Thanks
    In ground vinyl Grecian, 24k gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, VGreen VSP 165, Hayward SWG, Raypak NG 265k heater, dolphin m4.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains