Pool Math........The App

I updated the app this evening on iOS. All went quickly and smoothly. Love the app!

A few notes/comments...

After entering a long note, saving, then editing it, I could not get to the bottom of the note. It wouldn’t let me scroll down to see it nor hold my finger on the screen in bubble edit mode and scroll down when the keyboard was activated. At on point it briefly let me see it so I clicked there. Then the keyboard covered it again. But I was able to type blindly and finish the note and save.

It would be nice to add multiple chemical additions to one entry instead of having to save, come back in, re-enter the same date and time and then the chemical.

Actually even better, from within a given type of log entry if you could create another type of log entry which would use the same date information.

Would be nice if it could remember the last unit of measurement I used for a particular chemical.

Would be nice if bleach had the most commonly seen percentages.

just want to say this update is GREAT. Thank You for doing this. So much easier to have my phone then transfer to my excel sheets.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the app (iOS) but don't see the export to CSV that I see mentioned. Is this enabled only if/when you subscribe?

(I only see the option to export to a .poolmathbackup file.)

I have the paid subscription and its there.

As many of you may have noticed we have slowly launched a large update this week for both Android and iOS. We've released this update very slowly so it's possible some of you may not have received the automatic update however you should expect it today or tomorrow. In this update we’ve addressed many of the technical items in the App plus added a few new tools for PoolMath users. Users of the App now have the ability to track their chemical additions and see a timeline of what’s been done to their pool. We have also added a few tools to easily share logs with users of TFP or via other commonly used methods.
IMG_0994.jpg IMG_0993.jpg

We are hoping you’re enjoying the App and that you’re finding it beneficial. If you are finding it beneficial we ask that you please support future developments of the App by Subscribing and giving us an honest review in the App Store. These reviews go a LONG way in getting the product promoted in various searches. Even if you’ve given us a review in the past we ask that you please revisit and update your thoughts/ratings as they may have changed from when we first started. If you run into any issues or have suggestions for future updates we ask that you please email us at [email protected]. If you've yet to find the App it can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.

Thank you once again for your support! It’s been a blast so far creating this tool to help you maintain your pool!
Lee

I am a new (to me) pool owner and am fairly new to TFP. I downloaded the app and subscribed over the weekend. I love it!

Right now I am logging test results in the app, and then head back to Pool Math on the TFP website to figure out what chem amounts I need to add. Is that the way everyone else does it? I keep thinking I’m missing where I can get that info within the app.

And by the way, I canceled my pool service last week and started doing my own chems. The pool already looks clearer than it has since I bought the house in January. SO EXCITED to be in control of this myself. I orginally didn’t want a pool because I was terrified, but getting more confident every day!

Welcome to the forum Melody!!!

I'm glad you asked the question on how to use PoolMath to determine how much of what chemical you need to get from one point to another. It's a very common question that others have asked in the past. I used this time to put together a quick video showing how to use PoolMath as there's no doubt in my mind others have had the same question.

As a small warning to all who watch the video however what you see in the video may not match what you currently are running......but it will shortly. ;) Some of what's shown is still in testing however the basics are the same. I wanted to hurry up to push this out as we're coming closer and closer to users opening their pools. As always, if you've got any questions please feel free to ask!!!!

ps........and yes, there is a bug in the video and yes its already fixed :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I didn't notice it until after I was completely finished and posted the video.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We need a better voice-over actor...if only James Earl Jones or Barry White were still alive....Morgan Freeman would do a great voice-over!!

Lee, is there a way to import data? I have several years of Pool Pal data and spreadsheet info I would like to bring in.

I already have paid for this year, even tho they were still talking wind chills this morning. Did not use paid last year.

Thanks, Joe

Edit: Android

Lee, is there a way to import data? I have several years of Pool Pal data and spreadsheet info I would like to bring in.

I already have paid for this year, even tho they were still talking wind chills this morning. Did not use paid last year.

Thanks, Joe

Edit: Android

I’m not sure exactly how or if Pool Pal exports data so I can’t answer this question 110%. That said, check out the post below for some guideance for importing CSV files.

Pool Math........The App - Page 27

Having trouble since an apparent app update. Not sure where to request help with it. I am signing in, but it cannot migrate my data. Further, it does not show a subscription to save my data. Point me where to go on this issue.

The problem you’re describing sounds like a login error when you logged into version 2. If you can logout of the App and login again using the same details you used on version 1 it’s likely your information will be retrieved. If you used Google or Facebook to login on version 1 you MUST use this login again on this update.

Please try this and email me at [email protected] if you continue to have issues.

Sorry for the headache ka8yiu. If it’ll make you feel better we went into review from Apple already this morning and if all goes well we’ve got another update with more new features.

Come on Apple......don’t let us down.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.