Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advice on Comparing

1. Back To Top    #1

Advice on Comparing

Hi guys! So we are torn between a Caldera Vanto and a Hot Springs Rhythm with speakers. I know they are from the same manufacturer, but wanted to ask if One is better than the other. The second thing I wanted to ask is, are the speakers worth an additional $600? Thank you for all your help!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Advice on Comparing

I can't comment on the spas. But, you can spend $200-300 on a single bluetooth speaker these days. If multiple dealers carry your spas, see if you can get a couple of different quotes. You might also consider any maintenance and/or replacement cost, e.g. fixing or replacing the speakers. Although it is often convenient to have things packaged, sometimes having discrete components is more maintainable/serviceable in the long run. For example, you could probably put $600 toward a nice sound system with a remote control, a little bit away from your Spa that might bring you similar enjoyment with less replacement/repair hassle.

Good luck!

-Mo.
    Mo - 21K gal, IG plaster, dual Pentair SuperfloXF pumps, 72 sqft DE filter, cartridge filter for the spa, dual Waterco multi-cyclone prefilters, Dual Circupool SWGs, Polaris booster and cleaner, TBD custom controller.

3. Back To Top    #3

It depends on why you want a hot tub, and how you plan to use it, I am perfectly happy with my 19 year old Hot Spring Jetsetter that I bought used a few years ago, it does almost everything the current Jetsetter does (has the original style moto-massage, not the DX), just lacks the bells and whistles, no color changing temperature display (just new enough to have digital display by 1 year), no speakers, no internet enabled controls, ... But when my back is aching I don't really care about that stuff.

p.s. I have about $2,000 invested in my tub, which includes purchase, and replacement of various worn parts, it has likely spent is entire life indoors and people never guess its age, a new Jetsetter is $9,500, plus mine was from the last year Hot Spring used real redwood exterior slats.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

I wouldn't spend an extra dime on speakers. Especially with all the Bluetooth capabilities now days

~14K gallon - AquaRite AQR15 SWG - pool Newly plastered on April 9 2016
    TF100 kit - STA-RITE SYSTEM3 Modular Media Filtration - Model S8M150
    Pool water supply from on site water well = CH of ~350 and TA of ~350
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner/Pentair Model 011018 VS Pump
    Sundance Altamar Hot tub separate from pool / central Oklahoma

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks guys... didn't opt for the speakers! I'll just bring out the Bluetooth speaker!

6. Back To Top    #6

Congrats...... Enjoy your Hot Tub!

~14K gallon - AquaRite AQR15 SWG - pool Newly plastered on April 9 2016
    TF100 kit - STA-RITE SYSTEM3 Modular Media Filtration - Model S8M150
    Pool water supply from on site water well = CH of ~350 and TA of ~350
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner/Pentair Model 011018 VS Pump
    Sundance Altamar Hot tub separate from pool / central Oklahoma