Looking for a builder in Katy, Texas (west Houston)

Apr 1, 2017
Katy, Texas
Hello all. I've been stalking the forums looking for the basics of choosing pool features, tips/tricks, etc. and noticed some suggestions on builders as well so figured I'd ask for some input.

We live in Katy Texas and are looking to build a normal outdoor chlorine pool. Our last house already had saltwater pool installed and it was pretty good for maintenance other than the flagstone that surrounded it breaking apart.

We've met with several pool builders already; Casey's Pools, Cody's Pools, Platinum Pools, Laguna Pools, Precision Pools and Nichols Pools. For various reason I think we've ruled them all out except for the last two; Nichols and Precision.

Does anyone have any feedback on either of them or recommend anyone else?

Thanks

We live in Katy, decided to go with a company from Dickinson- Splashworks Pools and Outdoors
0536ae0f704bcb427f68139097800aaf.jpg
451db486ef64ed960ec9dc53b5569ca0.jpg
3f8fbb4e1d75f12d07121803f747bf9d.jpg
bba6cf2c521cca151f813b43938cc633.jpg
, they have done excellent work, just taking a bit longer than normal due to distance we believe and the contractor's had a run of bad luck in his family. But great work, they included the most for the money compared to others we had come out.

My recommendation is to be sure you look at every detail they include for the price they are giving you and what upgrades they recommend to see price differences and also get details such as pump etc. look into everything. We made a spreadsheet and compared the two we had narrowed down to the types of pumps, rebar, etc, lights and control system, etc., and love they included the rolled edge on the spa!

Our pool is pretty much done now, just got some other stuff they have to do, they just finished the spray decking yesterday.

2fc095ad9755ce9ce55aea5f61814715.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all. I've been stalking the forums looking for the basics of choosing pool features, tips/tricks, etc. and noticed some suggestions on builders as well so figured I'd ask for some input.

We live in Katy Texas and are looking to build a normal outdoor chlorine pool. Our last house already had saltwater pool installed and it was pretty good for maintenance other than the flagstone that surrounded it breaking apart.

We've met with several pool builders already; Casey's Pools, Cody's Pools, Platinum Pools, Laguna Pools, Precision Pools and Nichols Pools. For various reason I think we've ruled them all out except for the last two; Nichols and Precision.

Does anyone have any feedback on either of them or recommend anyone else?

Thanks

Was it price that mainly made you rule out the others? I'm also in Katy and looking into getting quotes from pool builders as well and interested in responses to this threadYou might want to check out some of the horrible yelp reviews on Precision.
Precision Pools Spas - 96 Photos & 13 Reviews - Contractors - 10639 Clodine Rd, Richmond, TX - Phone Number - Yelp

Hi we are new to the site and got on here to get some feedback from this builder as well. JaRCar how long did it take from start to finish?

Sorry just seeing this, I would take my recommendation back, the pool itself is done...unfortunately the finishing touches(roof leaks on pergola roof, Firepit glass, chlorinator fix, plaster fix) are not and we have small stains appearing in our plaster which NPT is saying is due to them not applying it with the proper filter. Not positive how we will have it fixed yet. Since they have yet to finish and we are on month 9, starting month 10 in December, we haven’t paid the rest of the money because the fact that it’s taking so long is ridiculous. So we do NOT recommend them anymore! The pool does look great, but the process and business side has been very frustrating.

https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/132810-New-Build-in-Richmond-TX?p=1363605#post1363605
I went with Invision Pools - the owner Derek has been amazing. He’s not the fastest PB but he only works with trusted contractors and he won’t sacrifice quality for speed. We are about 9 weeks into the project and we expect to be done in a week or two. He was in the middle on the quotes that I received and he offered many upgrades that other PBs didn’t such as larger piping for improved energy efficiency, high end pool equipment, and a few other items as well. We have friends who used Premier Pool and they were very happy with them - their build time was really quick but the issue I had was their quote Was the highest of all quotes that we got (about 20% higher than Invision). They wanted to negotiate but I ended up not countering as I felt their outrageous price was a non-starter.

Sorry just seeing this, I would take my recommendation back, the pool itself is done...unfortunately the finishing touches(roof leaks on pergola roof, Firepit glass, chlorinator fix, plaster fix) are not and we have small stains appearing in our plaster which NPT is saying is due to them not applying it with the proper filter. Not positive how we will have it fixed yet. Since they have yet to finish and we are on month 9, starting month 10 in December, we haven’t paid the rest of the money because the fact that it’s taking so long is ridiculous. So we do NOT recommend them anymore! The pool does look great, but the process and business side has been very frustrating.
JarCar, I will give you one wild guess who my PB2 is on my list. Look at post 1, 8, and 12 from my thread labeled "getting bids".
Getting bids

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.