Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any good special brushes/techniques/tips for cleaning steps?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any good special brushes/techniques/tips for cleaning steps?

I don't seem to have a knack for cleaning the bend of stairs -- right where it goes from vertical to horizontal -- with my current pool brush. Are there any good brushes with bristles along the sides of the brush so I can get the curve while I clean the vertical faces of the stairs, or is there some technique that I just don't know yet?

Thanks in advance!
    ~22,000 gallon IG plaster pool with spillover spa | Hayward Progrid DE filter | 1.5 HP single-speed Pentair WhisperFlo pump | Poolvergnuegen The Pool Cleaner 4-Wheel Cleaner | Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any good special brushes/techniques/tips for cleaning steps?

Premium pool brushes have up-turned ends and they work great in the radius's of my steps, and I like them for that reason. The cheaper ones are usually straight like a toothbrush or whatever. Try one, and I bet you'll like it.

Oh, and welcome to TFP! Glad you joined us, and hope you enjoy the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

This is my goto brush for my tight stairs...

Shop Aqua EZ 4-in Nylon Corner Brush Pool Brush at Lowes.com
    36,000 gallon IG Gunite (40 x 20), 1.5 HP Hayward pump, Pentair Nautilus NS-48 DE filter, 2 skimmers, 12 - (2 x 20) Fafco Solar Panels (Goldline controller not hooked up yet), Hayward Swimpure Plus SWG, Blue Pearl Robot cleaner. New Dr. Wellness X-12 standalone Lifestyle Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

I just picked up a Wall Whale, I guess I'll see if it's corner radius is any more stair-friendly than the one that came with the house. If not, I'll be picking up the one recommended by mac4lyfe.

Thanks for the help!
    ~22,000 gallon IG plaster pool with spillover spa | Hayward Progrid DE filter | 1.5 HP single-speed Pentair WhisperFlo pump | Poolvergnuegen The Pool Cleaner 4-Wheel Cleaner | Taylor K-2006 test kit