Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opening to some algae

1. Back To Top    #1

Opening to some algae

I opened on Monday nothing unusual except I saw some algae in a few spots like around the outside of the skimmer and around the steps. Just a few small spots. I spent all day vacuuming and brushing getting it cleaned up. I headed to Atwood's and loaded up on liquid chlorine ready to slam.

Last night I brought it up to SLAM level and this morning I had no loss of chlorine. Could the algae have just been surface and once brushed away and with the pool circulating it is one and done?

This is my third year opening and this is the first year I have opened to 0 chlorine, usually I have 2 or 3 when opening.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s300i robot, Raypak 406k Heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opening to some algae

I suspect it could be just as you described Chrissy. I have no explanation for it, but the same similar thing happened to me. I would say just keep an eye on it for the next few days and make sure you keep your chlorine at the right level and see what happens.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Opening to some algae

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    I suspect it could be just as you described Chrissy. I have no explanation for it, but the same similar thing happened to me. I would say just keep an eye on it for the next few days and make sure you keep your chlorine at the right level and see what happens.
    Thanks Dave, I figured as much. I have already brushed and vacuumed this morning. I was brushing last night and my daughter came outside and said you know the rules...Brush, brush, brush LOL.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s300i robot, Raypak 406k Heater.