Opening to some algae

Jun 8, 2014
Rogers, AR
I opened on Monday nothing unusual except I saw some algae in a few spots like around the outside of the skimmer and around the steps. Just a few small spots. I spent all day vacuuming and brushing getting it cleaned up. I headed to Atwood's and loaded up on liquid chlorine ready to slam.

Last night I brought it up to SLAM level and this morning I had no loss of chlorine. Could the algae have just been surface and once brushed away and with the pool circulating it is one and done?

This is my third year opening and this is the first year I have opened to 0 chlorine, usually I have 2 or 3 when opening.

I suspect it could be just as you described Chrissy. I have no explanation for it, but the same similar thing happened to me. I would say just keep an eye on it for the next few days and make sure you keep your chlorine at the right level and see what happens.

I suspect it could be just as you described Chrissy. I have no explanation for it, but the same similar thing happened to me. I would say just keep an eye on it for the next few days and make sure you keep your chlorine at the right level and see what happens.

Thanks Dave, I figured as much. I have already brushed and vacuumed this morning. I was brushing last night and my daughter came outside and said you know the rules...Brush, brush, brush LOL.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.