Ecotech EZ keeps throwing blocked pump error

Need some help. I have a Ecotech EZ VS pump that I bought on e-bay. It works beautifully and has dramatically reduced my energy build. However, periodically it does not start in the morning and displays the pump blocked error - but it is not blocked. I have carefully checked for blockages and even took the time to disassemble the pump. I can generally get it to start after pressing exit several times. It seems that the amount of resistance to get it started turning somehow, sometimes, exceeds a threshold in the control circuitry.

Has anyone else run into this or have any ideas on how to fix it?

Sounds like some sort of flow control switch error, or possible bad electronics. You might want to make sure to double check that the electronics are getting the right voltage. 120 vs 110 for a motor might mean a little faster and hotter run, but 12V vs 10V for electronics might mean the difference between working, sort of working, and not working at all.

Good luck!

Take care,
Mo

Was this resolved? Was it a voltage issue? My EcoTech just started doing the same thing this morning. I have cleaned out the pump which had a lot of Palm tree debris in it, but now that it is free spinning, it still is not activating or even trying to start. I turned off and on the breaker but still nothing. My wife said she heard a pop, but I didn't hear anything. Any ideas before I call out a service tech?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.