TA high after adding ProTeam Supreme Plus

Mar 27, 2017
San Marcos, Ca
Hi,

I am new to TFP forums but have been reading the forums for awhile now. I was reading forum post [h=1]So you want to add borates to your pool--Why and How and decided to go with ProTeam Supreme Plus option as it would not affect TA. I balanced my pool before adding.[/h]TA was 70
PH 7.2
CYA 75
FC 7.2
Borate was 0 prior to adding

Pool is 23,000 gallons, with SWG. Based on ProStream site and dosage chart, i added 50 lbs of their product. I followed application directions. Testing pool chemicals after adding, finding my TA is now 130 and PH 7.5. Is this a reason for concern? Pool Match Calculator doesn't indicate adding MA to lower TA.

Thanks,

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I am using the Talyer K-2006 test kit, using their PH and Alkalinity tests. I appreciate the advice on using boric acid and where to find. I think I will use it in the future as ProTeam was expensive. I'll lower the PH and Alkalinity using Pool School method again. Any concerns adding more MA with Borate levels being 50?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.