Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy water

1. Back To Top    #1

Cloudy water

I have a 22500 gal pool with sand filters I have changed out the pebbles and sand but I still have cloudy water with numbers that are great. Just received my cpo about a month or 2 ago so I am a noobie any advice would be great thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Cloudy water

Welcome to the forum We teach quite a few things differently at TFP.

To start, I would read "The "ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. It gives you the basis of the chemistry we teach.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cloudy water

Cobi - can you give us more info? Is the filter blowing out dirt thats creating the cloud? What kind of pool, what equipment, size, etc. There are many reasons a pool is cloudy. What is the current chemistry of the pool? How did you get your test results? A sand filter will not prevent an algae bloom/cloudy then green pool if you don't have some type of sanitizer (usually chlorine). At a minimum, what is your CL, CYA and PH? More info is needed. Thanks
    36,000 gallon IG Gunite (40 x 20), 1.5 HP Hayward pump, Pentair Nautilus NS-48 DE filter, 2 skimmers, 12 - (2 x 20) Fafco Solar Panels (Goldline controller not hooked up yet), Hayward Swimpure Plus SWG, Blue Pearl Robot cleaner. New Dr. Wellness X-12 standalone Lifestyle Spa.