Results Are In: Maintaining a TFP Pool is WAY Easier than Gardening

MarkTX

Bronze Supporter
Nov 15, 2015
Cypress, TX
My palms are fickle. Our freeze burned many of my other tropical plants to the ground. Sigh. The best thing about TFP is that there are really only 5-6 things you have to monitor, and precise test kits are available. And much instruction on how to fix what. All these green land-based things, though? Got to practically be a wizard to keep them tip-top.

Ironically, if I let my pool maintenance slip, the green algae will happily take over. Go figure. If you can take care of a garden, you can take care of a pool.

Well Mark, I completely agree with you. While I love my little "backyard oasis" look, I have waaaaaay too many non-native, water intensive plants. I have honestly considered capping off the irrigation line and just letting everything fend for itself. If it dies, so be it; if it survives, I'll find others like it and plant more. But.....my wife will kill me if I let the flowering plum die....

So yes, my pool is way easier to take care of....

Natural selection is a good thing. Planted two Japanese boxwoods (they make those mazes in England, very hardy) in the front yard today to replace some non-performers... but also planted a small banana tree and bird of paradise by the pool ... just because :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.