Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Results Are In: Maintaining a TFP Pool is WAY Easier than Gardening

1. Back To Top    #1

Results Are In: Maintaining a TFP Pool is WAY Easier than Gardening

My palms are fickle. Our freeze burned many of my other tropical plants to the ground. Sigh. The best thing about TFP is that there are really only 5-6 things you have to monitor, and precise test kits are available. And much instruction on how to fix what. All these green land-based things, though? Got to practically be a wizard to keep them tip-top.

Ironically, if I let my pool maintenance slip, the green algae will happily take over. Go figure. If you can take care of a garden, you can take care of a pool.
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Results Are In: Maintaining a TFP Pool is WAY Easier than Gardening

Yup, you got it!!

If you can't take care of a pool you can pretend that the 30k gallon hole in the ground is a green petri dish garden. Someone....somewhere...might buy that.

.......Nawwwwwwww

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Well Mark, I completely agree with you. While I love my little "backyard oasis" look, I have waaaaaay too many non-native, water intensive plants. I have honestly considered capping off the irrigation line and just letting everything fend for itself. If it dies, so be it; if it survives, I'll find others like it and plant more. But.....my wife will kill me if I let the flowering plum die....

So yes, my pool is way easier to take care of....
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

Natural selection is a good thing. Planted two Japanese boxwoods (they make those mazes in England, very hardy) in the front yard today to replace some non-performers... but also planted a small banana tree and bird of paradise by the pool ... just because
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX