Results Are In: Maintaining a TFP Pool is WAY Easier than Gardening

MarkTX

Bronze Supporter
Nov 15, 2015
Cypress, TX
My palms are fickle. Our freeze burned many of my other tropical plants to the ground. Sigh. The best thing about TFP is that there are really only 5-6 things you have to monitor, and precise test kits are available. And much instruction on how to fix what. All these green land-based things, though? Got to practically be a wizard to keep them tip-top.

Ironically, if I let my pool maintenance slip, the green algae will happily take over. Go figure. If you can take care of a garden, you can take care of a pool.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Yup, you got it!!

If you can't take care of a pool you can pretend that the 30k gallon hole in the ground is a green petri dish garden. Someone....somewhere...might buy that.

.......Nawwwwwwww

Yip :flower:

JoyfulNoise

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
May 23, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Well Mark, I completely agree with you. While I love my little "backyard oasis" look, I have waaaaaay too many non-native, water intensive plants. I have honestly considered capping off the irrigation line and just letting everything fend for itself. If it dies, so be it; if it survives, I'll find others like it and plant more. But.....my wife will kill me if I let the flowering plum die....

So yes, my pool is way easier to take care of....

MarkTX

Bronze Supporter
Nov 15, 2015
Cypress, TX
Natural selection is a good thing. Planted two Japanese boxwoods (they make those mazes in England, very hardy) in the front yard today to replace some non-performers... but also planted a small banana tree and bird of paradise by the pool ... just because :hammer: