Am I crazy to try a used aquabot turbo?

Digit,

I have bought four used robots from Craig's list. Two were sold to me in "working" condition, and two were sold for "parts".

All of them were old as dirt Dolphin Diagnostics...

One has been working for the past four years in a rent house pool.

One worked for about two years and I repaired it using the extra parts.

One that I bought for "parts" just had a bad power supply and is still working today at another rent house.

I guess my point is that it is always a risk when buying used items and there is no way to know for sure what you are going to get.

But, if the seller will give you a 30 day warranty, it might be worth the risk. Although it seems to me $400 is a lot of money for a used $600 to $800 machine.

All that said... Once your go Robot, you'll never go back... :cool:

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I would not buy a used robot unless you can get some type of extended warranty which usually you can't with used products. The motors themselves are 250+, power supply is 200 etc. One failure and its not uncommon and you will be throwing the robot away. For 600 you can get a smartpool with 2 year warranty. You can also sometimes find refurbs and open boxes cheap on ebay that will allow purchasing an extended warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.