First House With A Pool - I'm Here For Advice :-)

Just finished cleaning the filter. Pressure was at 26 prior to cleaning and 19 after cleaning. Still not where it should be. I'm going to swing by Lowes on the way home tomorrow for some of that stuff to soak the filter.

Also, my real name is Bill. Sweaty Palms came from anytime I would be racing my car or playing video games. The hands always got sweaty. LOL

Nice to meet you Bill! :handshake:I hear ya on the hands! Mine were from off-road motorcycle riding!

Glad to hear the water is cleared up. That filter is up to something. I hope the TSP works on the cartridge.

Don't forget to check out the pump for me so I can add it to your siggy!

Kim:kim:

Hello again! Long time no see. Last week/weekend were crazy hectic. Just wanted to check in though. Pool is looking the best it's ever looked. I didn't have any luck soaking my filter, so I went ahead and ordered a new one. It's due to arrive today.
Actually, I do have one quick question that you may be able to help me with. We have a spa that waterfalls into the pool. Is there some sort of portable, mini vacuum that can be had to clean up the floor of the spa? We have the automatic pool cleaner for the pool, but nothing for the spa. It's quite a pain to try and "kick" things up from the floor of the spa and catch them with a net.
Other than that, I hope everyone is doing well! :D

A sub pump can be had from Harbor Freight quite cheap...........attach hoses and go to town. You will lose some water but it should work.

You can also get a manual vacuum and do it that way. could be interesting to get it going on the spa though BUT you will not lose any water.

I am SO glad to hear it is looking better! I have thought about you a couple of times in between helping others LOL

Kim:kim:

I use a different technique. I open up the drain in the spa all the way and close off all returning water to the spa until the water drains almost all the way. I do a little brushing as the water gets lower and lower to clear the debris. Once I'm done, I shut the spa drain and open up the returns to the spa and let it refill. I know that this takes quite a bit longer waiting for all the water to drain and refill, but with my spa drain closed all the time, dirt and sediment builds up quite easily, so a drain and refill puts a fresh batch of filtered water back in there.:D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.