CYA level salt pool

Jun 8, 2015
Rocklin Ca
I have a salt water pool I'm bring up the CYA level last couple of days right around 30 now. The SWG hasn't worked in about 3 years, new cell new circuit board I'm just done with it. But I do put salt in the pool try to keep it around 3200 I asked this once before but want to confirm the answer what level of CYA do I use on the chart with bleach 30-70 or with SWG 70-80. Thanks.

Use the 30-70 model for manually chlorinated pools. A CYA of around 40-50 would be ideal for your climate in Rocklin and should result in an FC loss of about 2 ppm daily if you keep the FC around 5 ppm or so.

There is no real purpose in having your salt level @ 3200 without the SWG. I would let it drift down to about 2000 personally but there is little harm keeping it where you are.

Thanks I shooting for around 40 I'll go 45. I'll try the salt level at 2000 I haven't even checked it yet with all the rain I'm sure it's really low. BTW everything else is looking good the pool numbers I take care care of it year round.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.