Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slam Log

1. Back To Top    #1

Slam Log

I have been SLAMing a while now.

We have a crazy thunderstorm today. I ran out and checked the FC and CC and the filter is still running but I can't clean it.(Well I could but holding a metal pole in a thunderstorm reaalllllly doesn't seem like a bright idea LOL)

So what do I do now?

I am guessing that messed everything up, I did clean out the strainer on the pool filled with more algae causing debris.

Last night
    FC 16
    CC 1

This morning(Not sure when the rain started)
    FC13
    CC1

If it is ok, I'll keep a running log of what is going on.
    I have a 24ft round pool. 52in deep. 14k gallons. It has a sand filter. It is a chlorine pool that we got March, 2016. Above ground!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Slam Log

No worries. Just continue with the FC shock level. Once the weather clears-up, you can check the filter and clean if necessary. The rain itself won't hinder your SLAM. The most important thing right now is to "Maintain" the SLAM level.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you!
    I have a 24ft round pool. 52in deep. 14k gallons. It has a sand filter. It is a chlorine pool that we got March, 2016. Above ground!

4. Back To Top    #4

Tonights levels
    FC 16 (Previous check was around 4 and it was at 13.5)
    CC .5

5. Back To Top    #5

This morning testing
    FC 15.5
    CC.5

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

It's a very good habit to keep a log like you are doing. Good Job!

What was your CYA level at the beginning of the SLAM?
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

It was at 40. It was 35 last week.

8. Back To Top    #8

Ok, don't know if I can do a night reading as it is hailing and we have high winds and thunderstorms.

9. Back To Top    #9

So I was able to do a night testing. It was 15 CC was .5
    This morning the reading was odd. FC was 12 and CC 0

We had a crazy amount of rain last night, our pool over flowed. So I am assuming that everything is off. I looked in the pool(Yippee, I am able to see the bottom pretty clearly) and I didn't see much debris.

10. Back To Top    #10

Fc12
    cc0

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Hoping for a passed OCLT!
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

12. Back To Top    #12

Please, please, PUHLEZZZZ tell me this means what I think it means...

FC 16
    CC 0

Trying to not scream the house down that I passed the OCLT. If so does that mean that the FC can go down to normal?

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

Slam Log

Hmm, you posted FC 12ppm last night, and now post that FC is 16ppm.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but FC does not go up on its own.

Either one of those tests are wrong, or you added chlorine after the 12ppm reading.

Dom - TFP Guide

14. Back To Top    #14

Yes, sorry, I added chlorine last night to adjust it back up to recommended SLAM level.

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

When doing the OCLT you do not add any chlorine after your last test of the night. If you do, you need to wait about 20-30 minutes and test again. You are looking to see if anything other than the sun is consuming chlorine.

Dom - TFP Guide

16. Back To Top    #16

Ok, will try again tonight.