Dolphin Quantum vs other dolphins

Drockfresh

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2012
Austin, TX
I need a new Dolphin!

My beloved M4 died after 5 years of service.

The Quantum on Amazon looks brilliant but Epic pool supply (where I got my M4) sells older models. Z5, pro models, etc.

I think I also saw some mixed comments on this topic.

Any reason not to get the Quantum?!

I dont know that one. My buddy has the Z5, I have the M5, and Im hoping mine doesnt die after its fifth year next year. :-(

The Z5 seems a good choice too, but I love mine and will likely go back to it. What happened to the M4?

I dont know that one. My buddy has the Z5, I have the M5, and Im hoping mine doesnt die after its fifth year next year. :-(

The Z5 seems a good choice too, but I love mine and will likely go back to it. What happened to the M4?

The power supply got wet and it died. I already replaced it once. It's ok I run it so hard. It's been great. It's time for a new one.

I have the Triton Plus 2016 version which = Z5 (see the link below about different names for the same robots) and it's been great. Easy to use, easy to clean and pulls up stuff I never knew was in my pool before. Next mini-project is unbolting the Polaris booster pump and making more room on my pad.

The Truth About Pool Cleaners: What Your Pool Store Isn’t Telling You | Sunplay

Ha, I cut my booster pump out in the fall and will buy a robot this spring! That article has been helpful for me. Numerous ones missing but it's got a lot of them.

I purchased a Quantum a month ago. I have used it three times and the results for me are fantastic. It is easy to clean with the removable basket and comes with the course screens for larger things and the fine cartridge for the fine silt. Works great with both. Pool is a gunite pebble tech free form 20,000 gallon pool with steps, seating ledge, and tanning ledge. Does the tile line, steps and seating ledge but will not climb onto the tanning ledge. I guess that is fine with me as the ledge is only 6 inches deep. Simple tp use, just drop it in turn it on and about three hours later take it out. I have yet to see any spots it misses. Good luck!

I purchased a Quantum a month ago. I have used it three times and the results for me are fantastic. It is easy to clean with the removable basket and comes with the course screens for larger things and the fine cartridge for the fine silt. Works great with both. Pool is a gunite pebble tech free form 20,000 gallon pool with steps, seating ledge, and tanning ledge. Does the tile line, steps and seating ledge but will not climb onto the tanning ledge. I guess that is fine with me as the ledge is only 6 inches deep. Simple tp use, just drop it in turn it on and about three hours later take it out. I have yet to see any spots it misses. Good luck!
Still happy with your Quantum? I just ordered one.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.