Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Plano

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Plano

Hi, I'm Donna and we're redoing the surface of our pool in Plano. Looking to put in a pebble finish in a med/dk aquamarine. Our pool was built by Riverbend Sandler in 1999, we moved in in 2002. Wish is was deeper, the one pool I built in San Antonio back in 1988 was 9 feet deep and that helped to keep the water cooler in the Texas heat.

I'm an avid gardener and do all my own landscaping. In the past I planted cannas all over the backyard but now am in the process of redoing the flowerbeds and plantings. I concentrate on perennials and native plants. We got some Westie puppies last year so the cannas are moving to the side yard and the daylilies, hardy hibiscus and other flowers are moving in. The pups need room to run.
    15k IG gunite, built 1999, RiverBend Sandler, attached spa, Dolphin S200, Pentair Triton II sand filter, Wet Edge Prism Matrix in Constellation with extra ocean shells handcast, Pentair MasterTemp 400, my remodel

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Plano

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

I saw a pic of one of the dirty pups on anther thread. SO cute! I am glad you are giving them room to run! Tired puppies are good puppies!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

When we first moved in I planted a few dozen canna tubers. Fifteen years later, the yard was all cannas. Have moved some to the side yard all along the western side of the house and am in the process of digging up the rest in the backyard, replacing with daylilies, natives like salvia, sages, coneflowers, and native wildflowers and grasses. Anyone in the DFW want some free cannas-- I have yellow pink, and orange, they're free for the asking... But be sure you want them where you plant them!
    15k IG gunite, built 1999, RiverBend Sandler, attached spa, Dolphin S200, Pentair Triton II sand filter, Wet Edge Prism Matrix in Constellation with extra ocean shells handcast, Pentair MasterTemp 400, my remodel

5. Back To Top    #5

Kind of like Four O' Clocks. You'd better love em!!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

I've got red cannas that I love. I think the red ones are kinda hard to come by for some reason?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

7. Back To Top    #7

Probably King Humberts. Not really hard to come by, but not as commonly used as some of the others. I've dug up so many this year, and still two beds to dig up.
    Anyone want some cannas?

And yes, Four O'clocks spread well, too... but they are so much easier to dig up than cannas! We have Four O'Clocks, too-- love the way they smell!

Today, stopped by Lowe's... they're having a 50% off sale on perennials, annuals, and trees (not shrubs or tropicals). Picked up some buddleia (Funky fuchsia and Groovy Grape), drummond phlox, coreopsis, and hydrangeas for the front yard north facing beds. Picked up some Henry Duelberg salvia from Home Depot yesterday, along with some Cranrazz buddleia. So much more digging to do!