Hello from Plano

TxBwana

Silver Supporter
Mar 23, 2017
Plano, TX
Hi, I'm Donna and we're redoing the surface of our pool in Plano. Looking to put in a pebble finish in a med/dk aquamarine. Our pool was built by Riverbend Sandler in 1999, we moved in in 2002. Wish is was deeper, the one pool I built in San Antonio back in 1988 was 9 feet deep and that helped to keep the water cooler in the Texas heat.

I'm an avid gardener and do all my own landscaping. In the past I planted cannas all over the backyard but now am in the process of redoing the flowerbeds and plantings. I concentrate on perennials and native plants. We got some Westie puppies last year so the cannas are moving to the side yard and the daylilies, hardy hibiscus and other flowers are moving in. The pups need room to run.

When we first moved in I planted a few dozen canna tubers. Fifteen years later, the yard was all cannas. Have moved some to the side yard all along the western side of the house and am in the process of digging up the rest in the backyard, replacing with daylilies, natives like salvia, sages, coneflowers, and native wildflowers and grasses. Anyone in the DFW want some free cannas-- I have yellow pink, and orange, they're free for the asking... But be sure you want them where you plant them!

Probably King Humberts. Not really hard to come by, but not as commonly used as some of the others. I've dug up so many this year, and still two beds to dig up.
Anyone want some cannas?

And yes, Four O'clocks spread well, too... but they are so much easier to dig up than cannas! We have Four O'Clocks, too-- love the way they smell!

Today, stopped by Lowe's... they're having a 50% off sale on perennials, annuals, and trees (not shrubs or tropicals). Picked up some buddleia (Funky fuchsia and Groovy Grape), drummond phlox, coreopsis, and hydrangeas for the front yard north facing beds. Picked up some Henry Duelberg salvia from Home Depot yesterday, along with some Cranrazz buddleia. So much more digging to do!