Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hotspring Envoy Vs Caldera Geneva + Other questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Hotspring Envoy Vs Caldera Geneva + Other questions

Hi all,

I've been looking into the possibility of having a hot tub for the past few weeks and have wet tested lots of cheaper models and some more expensive and it really came down to 2 models from rival yet same company brands.

The Hot Spring Envoy and Caldera Geneva.

They both had great power and had some amazing features that rivalled each other.

We (me and my mrs) loved the motomassage on the Envoy, but felt the leg jets in the Geneva were a welcomed bonus.

We also loved the wireless control in the Envoy and wondered why Caldera (also part of Watkins/MASCO) hadn't implemented anything similar.

The question is, which one would you go for?
    ----------------------------------------
    The other vital question comes down to water softness. I know that the Envoy has the ACE water system and I already have a water softener fitted to my main water supply. Upon checking with a tester, of which states for ACE it should be between 25-75 and their website stating 50ppm, mine was somewhere around 10-15. Would I need to top up with hard water or do something else to balance things out or would it be the softer the better?

On a similar note - How would the Caldera (no ACE system) be with my water supply? I wouldn't want to destroy any of the components due to my water.

Thanks,

Andy

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hotspring Envoy Vs Caldera Geneva + Other questions

Welcome to the Forum Andy!

I don't know anything about these units, but hopefully a bump will get them seen by someone who does.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hotspring Envoy Vs Caldera Geneva + Other questions

Welcome to TFP!

We recommend a minimum CH level of 125 ppm in hot tubs. More here about raising CH, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals Here is the process I use to maintain my hot tub. It has worked great for several years now. How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach