Spa Orifice Removal

Kona20

Mar 19, 2017
BAYTOWN
Hello everyone 1st post but I think I found the right place to cure my current and future pool\spa issues. So thanks in advance!

Problem

I have some jet performance issues and need to remove my orifices\nozzles. I have one of my 4 spa jets pushing harder than the others and can see an object in another. I had a heater t-stat\bypass\check?... fail in my old heater and found some parts in one of my pool returns. I suspect the same with the spa returns. I drained my spa down, removed the eyeballs and found the orifices to be for lack of a better term shaped like a Hershey kiss hollowed out from the point all the way through all of the ones I see while searching are hex shaped. The jet pushing the hardest has the inner part (looks to be a resizing insert) of the orifice missing and I suspect it to be father down the line in the next jet since I can see a white pvc looking liner object in it. The orifices have 2 maybe 1/8" holes on opposite of each other so I am looking for a tool to remove them and a type\manufacture for possible replacements in the event I damage or destroy some is the process of removal.

Thanks, Tt

Hey Kona! Welcome to TFP!!

This has been sitting a while, and sorry we havent said hi. Hopefully youll get some insight on this, but I wanted to welcome you and get this bumped to the top. Enjoy the forums!!

:bump:

Looks like it but mine have a second orifice in the center like an insert and my research on this PN does not bring anything like it up. Is there a different type or brand that looks the same? Maybe this?

[h=1]SPX1430B1 Jet Air Spa Insert[/h]
bayst427_650.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.