Spa Orifice Removal

Kona20

Mar 19, 2017
BAYTOWN
Hello everyone 1st post but I think I found the right place to cure my current and future pool\spa issues. So thanks in advance!

Problem

I have some jet performance issues and need to remove my orifices\nozzles. I have one of my 4 spa jets pushing harder than the others and can see an object in another. I had a heater t-stat\bypass\check?... fail in my old heater and found some parts in one of my pool returns. I suspect the same with the spa returns. I drained my spa down, removed the eyeballs and found the orifices to be for lack of a better term shaped like a Hershey kiss hollowed out from the point all the way through all of the ones I see while searching are hex shaped. The jet pushing the hardest has the inner part (looks to be a resizing insert) of the orifice missing and I suspect it to be father down the line in the next jet since I can see a white pvc looking liner object in it. The orifices have 2 maybe 1/8" holes on opposite of each other so I am looking for a tool to remove them and a type\manufacture for possible replacements in the event I damage or destroy some is the process of removal.

Thanks, Tt

Patrick_B

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2011
Midland TX
Hey Kona! Welcome to TFP!!

This has been sitting a while, and sorry we havent said hi. Hopefully youll get some insight on this, but I wanted to welcome you and get this bumped to the top. Enjoy the forums!!

:bump:

pooldv

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 10, 2012
FL panhandle
Welcome to TFP!

INYO Pools sells various spa jet removal tools and replacement jets.

Kona20

Mar 19, 2017
BAYTOWN
Looks like it but mine have a second orifice in the center like an insert and my research on this PN does not bring anything like it up. Is there a different type or brand that looks the same? Maybe this?

[h=1]SPX1430B1 Jet Air Spa Insert[/h]

Other Threads of Interest