Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hairline crack in PVC repair?

1. Back To Top    #1

Hairline crack in PVC repair?

Hi all! Found a small leak near my backwash valve today. Appears there's a small stress-fracture near one of the screws. Is there any way to repair that, short of replacing a lot of PVC?

I've circled the area in question on the attached picture. You can see where I've tried to 'patch' it with some PVC cement.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WetEdge Satin Matrix, 16K gallon, Pentair NSP-60 DE filter, Pac Fab Challenger, 2HP pump, BBB, Polaris 360

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hairline crack in PVC repair?

No matter what you do I would suspect you can never really render that crack leakproof. You could try removing the screw and gently heating with a blow torch to re melt whats there but you run other risks.

I would post a more complete picture and we can come up with a plan to replace it. Can you purchase that part?
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hairline crack in PVC repair?

Here's a more complete picture. Fitting circled in red, glued joints with blue lines pointing them out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WetEdge Satin Matrix, 16K gallon, Pentair NSP-60 DE filter, Pac Fab Challenger, 2HP pump, BBB, Polaris 360