Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009

Another wonderful evening watching tv and relaxing [emoji41] dolphin bar and grill to the right and the flamingo lounge to the left:cheers:IMG_8203.jpgIMG_8205.jpgIMG_8206.jpgIMG_8203.jpgIMG_8203.jpgIMG_8205.jpgIMG_8206.jpgIMG_8203.jpgIMG_8205.jpgIMG_8206.jpg

Last edited:
So I come home Friday after work expecting to go swimming in 90 degree water and find out that it is 85degrees. After some trouble shooting I find out that the pump motor is shot:colors:. Are you kidding me this is Labor day weekend and we had already moved the traditional Labor Day Party party from Saturday to Sunday earlier that day. What am I going to do? I text my friend and he sends me the contact of someone he recently used. I call this guy and it so happens that he has a motor that he had ordered for a customer and the customer decided that morning that he was going to put it off. He can be here at 2pm on Saturday. Yeah the good Lord was looking out for us because we are back up and running and $370 poorer:mad:. The replacement motor is a 1.5 hp Century HSQ165, all new seals with a 1 yr warranty. He says that we got our money's worth out of this motor as we got a little over 8 years of life:eek: I was wondering what your thought might be:confused:
Before and after pics

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

8 yrs is a good run. I am not sure if you got a good deal as far as money BUT you cannot beat the customer service! Worth it to be up and running for the party!

AND the weather looks like it should hold over there for your party!

Kim:kim:

8 yrs is a good run. I am not sure if you got a good deal as far as money BUT you cannot beat the customer service! Worth it to be up and running for the party!

AND the weather looks like it should hold over there for your party!

I agree with you on the money side as inyopools has the pump motor on sale and my cost would be around $200 -$225 which would include all seals including the shaft seal. Paying $150 for labor with a 1yr warranty is a small price to pay in order to keep the wife happy:cheers: And we always want to keep the Ladies Happy:D

Replaced GL-235 solar controller, see this thread Intermatic Timer t-104R broken?

Hayward techs determined that the high voltage relay was defective. It is Omron Relay 24vdc SPDT G8P-1C4P-24VDC NO 20A , NC 10A 250VAC and is located on the bottom right of the board. You can get it here https://www.amazon.com/Omron-Relay-24vdc-G8P-1C4P-24VDC-250VAC/dp/B00RJ3D2QA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506172461&sr=8-1&keywords=omron+g8p-1c4p
Cost is $3.48 plus shipping. Unfortunately I am not very good at replacing things on boards so this would be a great purchase for the right handy person. PM me if you are interested.

dbtgallery.php

IMG_8627.jpg
Mr flamingo is enjoying warm water sitting on top of the solar cover[emoji2]hopefully we will continue to swim thru November [emoji474]IMG_8627.jpg

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
IMG_8813.jpg
Upgraded the tv in the flamingo lounge from a 50 inch to a 60 inch hdtv. We have come a long way considering we started out with a Sanyo 19 inch tube tv 11 years ago and we thought we were uptown. Can’t wait to watch tv from the pool next year[emoji482]IMG_8813.jpg

Last edited:
wow, your pool and everything around it looks amaing!!! I wish I owned the house I live in (yes, unfortunately I'm renting for the past 11 years), I'd get something similar :swim:My current pool has to be above ground so I can take it with me whenever we move.

That is some mighty pretty water there!!!

Thanks Kim, as everyone here on TFP knows that taking care of your pool using the TFPC method Pool School - What is TFPC?
gives you more time to enjoy the things you really like to do. I wonder what to do with all that extra time.... Hummmm :confused: :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.