Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
The water temp is 65°
I have a Taylor kit k2006
Fc is 3.5 cc is 0. (All winter long)
Alk is 110
Cya is 75
Ch is 340
My pH runs high 8.0 but I check it bi monthly in winter to keep it at 7.6
Yet 8 weeks ago i noticed what looked like mustard algae in a corner. Pool gets full sun. I brushed it off. I came back about 9+ days later. It brushes right off. Comes back a few weeks later. Today it was on most of the bottom. Clogs filter. I've cleaned it 3 times in 6 weeks. Slimy stuff. I sprayed it with deliuted bleach this time. I do have lots of pollen. It floats on the surface but I did not think it sank.

That was my thought. I keep the pump at very low speed. Just enough the enable flow sensor on swg. I do not know how to add a pic. But the water is very clear. The last thing you mention I do not know what that is.

- - - Updated - - -

OCLT ok I see. I can do that. I check it even in the winter. It has always been steady at 3.5-4

Yes. I understand. Was just saying I do check the chemistry in the winter months. I see that this test could let me know if I have alage or something else. I did increase the pump speed to help skim the pollen off the surface better.

Thank you

Tested 6:00pm : fc 5 cc 0
Tested 8:30am : fc 5 cc 0
No loss of chlorine. So you can test for algae. What a huge tip. When I was new to this the pool store would tell me you can't test for algae. I haven't been there in 2 years.

You guys were spot on with filtration issues. I soaked the filter in dishwasher detergent and that made a huge improvement. I would rely on the pressure guage to indicate cleaning time but just a few psi increase did not indicate that the outflow was so low. You think adding an additional gauge elsewhere would help me monitor the outflow?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.