spring hill fl
The water temp is 65°
I have a Taylor kit k2006
Fc is 3.5 cc is 0. (All winter long)
Alk is 110
Cya is 75
Ch is 340
My pH runs high 8.0 but I check it bi monthly in winter to keep it at 7.6
Yet 8 weeks ago i noticed what looked like mustard algae in a corner. Pool gets full sun. I brushed it off. I came back about 9+ days later. It brushes right off. Comes back a few weeks later. Today it was on most of the bottom. Clogs filter. I've cleaned it 3 times in 6 weeks. Slimy stuff. I sprayed it with deliuted bleach this time. I do have lots of pollen. It floats on the surface but I did not think it sank.

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
Sounds like your flow throughout the pool may be a little inadequate. Got a pic of the pool water? Have you done an OCLT?

thomspool

Dec 28, 2016
spring hill fl
That was my thought. I keep the pump at very low speed. Just enough the enable flow sensor on swg. I do not know how to add a pic. But the water is very clear. The last thing you mention I do not know what that is.

- - - Updated - - -

OCLT ok I see. I can do that. I check it even in the winter. It has always been steady at 3.5-4

thomspool

Dec 28, 2016
spring hill fl
Yes. I understand. Was just saying I do check the chemistry in the winter months. I see that this test could let me know if I have alage or something else. I did increase the pump speed to help skim the pollen off the surface better.

Thank you

thomspool

Dec 28, 2016
spring hill fl
Tested 6:00pm : fc 5 cc 0
Tested 8:30am : fc 5 cc 0
No loss of chlorine. So you can test for algae. What a huge tip. When I was new to this the pool store would tell me you can't test for algae. I haven't been there in 2 years.

thomspool

Dec 28, 2016
spring hill fl
You guys were spot on with filtration issues. I soaked the filter in dishwasher detergent and that made a huge improvement. I would rely on the pressure guage to indicate cleaning time but just a few psi increase did not indicate that the outflow was so low. You think adding an additional gauge elsewhere would help me monitor the outflow?

Other Threads of Interest