New Build - North Texas; Wise County

Plaster Day

After a few reschedules we finally got to plaster day. Crew arrived a few days prior and cleaned up and scraped the pool. Today, they plastered the Pool, acid washed the pool, and started filling it up. Hooray!

Here is what it looked like when I left for work...

And here is what it looked like when my wife came home with the kiddos after school. Water going in! A few leaves in the pool because of the 25mph winds, but we will get those out.

Here is a detail of the steps with the spotters. Lots of good sparkle in that plaster... I was happy the added shells to the mix came through.

I see the BLING! Those tiles are purrfect!

WATER! I see wonderful water! Don't worry if it looks a little green in the beginning. The color will change and settle as everything is balanced and as the plaster cures.

When does your PB say you (the kids really) can get in the water?

Kim:kim:

We are full and the PB came by just a few minutes ago to start up the pumps. My wife sent pics and it looks like our sheer descents are working.

We got a little rain and very strong winds last night... so the deck is muddy and more leaves are in. But it looks good.

And PB says kids can get in this afternoon. Although it is waaaaaaay to cold for me!

You did it! You have a REAL pool AND it has water in it!!! :party:

You and I both know the kids will jump saying the whole time "I'm not cold" while their little lips turn blue!!! Your job is to have a towel fresh out of the dryer ready to wrap them up in!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Fence Nearly Complete; 1/2 Landscaping Complete

We had the fence erected this week. Its a 4' Cedar fence. Other than two more gates, we are done. The gates should be finished today. Then, I need to lower, mount, and box-in the LED light controller so that it is more discreet on the fence.

We completed the landscaping around the porch and sidewalk; still to come are the areas behind the pool and to the right of the pool. Behind the pool will probably go Knockout Roses and some Sago Palms. To the right we are graveling, topping with lava rock, and adding pots with tropicals that will move indoors in winter. (and maybe a lemon or lime plant for me!)

Here are some pics... the water is perfect for clarity, but still a chilly 71degrees. That didn't stop myself or the boys from swimming for a couple of hours yesterday. Great times and I look forward to many more this summer.

Here is a closer look at the plaster, tile, spotter, and coping combination... NPT Quartzscapes Reflections Aruba Sky w/3 bags of abalone shells, NPT Blue Seas - Rustic Blue Tile - 6", NPT Jules - Rustic Blue Blend - 1" Glass tile, NPT Travertine "Torreon" Coping

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.