Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rusted out pump from getting wet

1. Back To Top    #1

Rusted out pump from getting wet

My pump stopped working like a month ago, I try ed every trick I could find on the internet. So I bought a new one, and when I unscrewed the old motor from the platform that it sits on with the sand filter I found this! The moral of the story is keep it dry, this one rusted out completely it , and could have caused an electricution 20170312_105629.jpg
    My name is eric, I have a 16 foot round pool from Leslie's pools, I have a 1hp doheny's pump hooked up right now after my Hayward gave out on me

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Rusted out pump from getting wet

Wow! I'm guessing the shaft seal failed some time ago, and it had been leaking for a while. Glad to hear nobody got hurt.

Man, your equipment pad must have always been wet?
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Rusted out pump from getting wet

Welcome.. Oh come on, you could of fixed that using a coffee can. Rust never sleeps.
    Murrieta, CA. 15K (Est) pool/spa. Hayward Tristar SP3220EE 2.70HP pump, Hayward Swimclear Cartridge filter C4025 425sqft (PA106), Pentair Mastertemp 400 heater. TF-100/Speedstir