Dolphin M500 Review

Next you need to look into a salt generator. Once you save up another 3k with that huge pool LOL. I couldn't imagine lugging liquid chlorine to do that pool. Its easy to tell someone with a pool in Florida as their jeans have bleach stains.

Rob...I've heard that a SWG needs to be twice the size of your pool, but in looking around just a little, the biggest I've seen is 40K. Do you know if there are bigger ones? It is not in the budget this year for sure, but I know the bleach thing is gonna get old. I will round up some dedicated bleach clothes for now...lol. Luckily the garage is attached to the pool house and the pool is only twenty more steps from the pool house.

Crystal

Circupool makes the largest SWCG's if I'm not mistaken. They go up to 60K gallons. You can also install more than one SWCG to get more chlorine production.

Why buy one when you can buy two at twice the price!

Hey! I represent that remark. /wink

Ruined a brand new pair of jeans with chlorine. Gift from mother in law. Wife was not happy

- - - Updated - - -

Circupool makes the largest SWCG's if I'm not mistaken. They go up to 60K gallons. You can also install more than one SWCG to get more chlorine production.

Autopilot swg can daisy chain the cells I believe.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That would be awesome...sigh. M500 still doing a great job. I'm finding that it is climbing the walls more and more as it learns the pool. I am also finding that I like using the course filters better than the fine most of the time. They really pick up leaves and larger tidbits better. I am using the fine once a week and after high wind days to get at the dust and dirt. Loving it!

Brilliant! And great to hear. I used to be that way, but only use the spring filters when there is a whole lot of debris. I get impatient with the springs launching all the fine powdery dust throughout the pool and have found the fines will handle more material than I figured.

I am glad to hear it, and happy it didn't turn out to be a poor choice. I have one local friend I met here when we were building, and he bought the Z5 Oasis. Basically the M4. Another local friend bought an M5 after I loaned him mine for a couple of day, and his brother liked it so much he bought one too. I am pretty sure I've sold a couple on the forum, and feel like I ought to be getting commission by now. :lol:

I just bought an M500 as well. Seems to be doing a great job except the "full filter" light comes come before it can finish any length cycle. I've now run it 6 times in the last couple of days, so the pool is super clean. After 30 minutes or so, the full filter light comes on. When I open the filter, it's got a few things in there and some dirt, but certainly doesn't look "full." Using the pleated filter. Anyone else with this issue?

Yes, I have the same issue with the filter full light. Comes on after about a half hour. My old M5 did the same thing and the new M500 does it too. Hold the rest button down for 3 secs and it clears it out. That seems to work for a few cycles then you need to do it again.

I am noticing this behavior again more frequently. It seems that pushing the reset button only works for the current cleaning cycle. The light comes on again fairly early with very little debris in the baskets.

That would be awesome...sigh. M500 still doing a great job. I'm finding that it is climbing the walls more and more as it learns the pool. I am also finding that I like using the course filters better than the fine most of the time. They really pick up leaves and larger tidbits better. I am using the fine once a week and after high wind days to get at the dust and dirt. Loving it!
Does the M500 actually learn the pool the more often it cleans it? Do you have any information on how it works?

Also, did yours come with the pleated filters? Mine only came with the mesh.

Bizzle,

Mine came with both sets of filters. Yes, I think it learns the pool with use. I generally run mine on floor only setting. I don’t really need the water line scrubbed and I’d rather have all the cleaning time spent on the floor. I just brush down my sides and tile line when I’m sweeping out corners.

Some are mentioning the full filter light coming on quickly. I don’t pay much attention to it. I can tell by looking at how much debris I have how long I should run it. Generally, if I have a storm and there are more than 20-30 leaves, I will get those out with the leaf rake before I start The Beastmaster. The leaves I get are large at around 6 x 8 inches and thick. So if I get the larger stuff out first, I just let it run the cycle regardless of the light. I clean filters after every full cycle.

Heres another tip. If you want to change the filters and restart or just leave it in the pool, you don’t have to lift the bot all the way out of the pool. You can just raise it up to wheee you can hold the handle and then open the doors on the top one at a time and pull the filters out only. Then let the bot drop back down, spray out filters, and replace in the same manner.

Crystal

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.