Hello From Texas

GGina

Jan 20, 2017
Nederland /Texas
IMG_0434[1].jpgIMG_0418[1].jpgIMG_0388[1].jpgIMG_0430[1].jpg

My son's dad bought the neighbor's home. This pool is pretty old and the plumbing was a big mystery. We figured out how to turn on the skimmers, the red knob. There are 3 skimmers. The water is blue again. The bottom of the pool is awful. The lights in the pool do not work (they are laying on the side of pool, and our missing bulbs.) At this time, I trying to decide on the best options without too much expense. I finally figured out which valve to turn on, to the vacuum the pool. The pool is so big you would think there would be two vacuum ports. There is too much thick sand like algae on the bottom of the pool and leaves so vacuuming the pool is not productive. There is no booster pump, I think it broke, we still have the housing to it. There is no Polaris only a vacuum of some kind blue diamond (runs like a snail) The heater may work, I am not sure, but they disconnected it. I think draining the pool and pressure washing it, is where we should begin, but I also think it needs to be re-plastered. I will posts in the proper forums for advice. Thankful for this forum.

I SO want more pictures! That is such neat area!

Okay for the bottom-try putting a chlorine puck/tablet on it for about 10 mins and see what happens.

Next hand me the brush clippers! I would love to get that foliage under control! Back, back you bushes!

Is the house as bad?

Kim:kim:

Yes, I am going to buy some clippers from Lowes this weekend lol. I will try that with the chlorine tab, I am going there this afternoon after work. The house is not as bad the electrical needs a little work. It's about 7000 sq feet with a basement and a huge attic with wood floors like another bedroom. I will try to post some pictures. It says I have exceeded my limit. I will post a url for the pics.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support