Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latham Grey Mosaic or Natural Grey...GLI Mosaic Dark Grey or Black Onyx PICS NEEDED

1. Back To Top    #1

Latham Grey Mosaic or Natural Grey...GLI Mosaic Dark Grey or Black Onyx PICS NEEDED

Anyone have pics of these liners? I know there is another thread with just posts of pool liners with pics but it gets very confusing when some pics don't have names. I am looking to see what the real difference is between these 2..

Also, really interested in pics for the GLI Durango with mosaic dark grey and black granite with black onyx. Pics of any of these would be helpful as I really am more concerned with the color of the water than anything else at the moment.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Latham Grey Mosaic or Natural Grey...GLI Mosaic Dark Grey or Black Onyx PICS NEED

Latham Natural grey in direct sunlight:

Overcast day:

Dappled sunlight late afternoon:
    45x31x20 lagoon shape, vinyl, inground pool. Approx 27,000 gallons. 3.5' to 5.5' depth. Latham natural gray liner, Pentair Tagelus fiberglass sand filter, Pentair Intelliflo pump, auto SWG, 3 LED intellibrite lights. Construction beginning Aug 11, 2016. K-2006C test kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Latham Grey Mosaic or Natural Grey...GLI Mosaic Dark Grey or Black Onyx PICS NEED

Would u say it has turquoise in it?

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, I would say it has turquoise in it. We absolutely love the color.

These were taken last week:

45x31x20 lagoon shape, vinyl, inground pool. Approx 27,000 gallons. 3.5' to 5.5' depth. Latham natural gray liner, Pentair Tagelus fiberglass sand filter, Pentair Intelliflo pump, auto SWG, 3 LED intellibrite lights. Construction beginning Aug 11, 2016. K-2006C test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

Wow, I think I love it more than the gold pebble. I just worry about the tan liners looking green, that you could not tell if the pool was turning green, lol.

6. Back To Top    #6

We worried about the shallow end looking muddy under cloudy skies. We have a lot of shallow end so that sealed the deal. The gray liner has such a refreshing water color and we get a lot of compliments on it.

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Deleted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bmoreswim; 03-10-2017 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Duplicated with next post.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

It might just be semantics, but I don't think that pool has any look of turquoise. I've not heard anyone say that a gray liner or plaster pool looks like a color related to turquoise (greenish-blue). Browns, tans and greens yield green colors (of which I would include turquoise). If you google Steel Blue you'll see the pool above (more or less). Google turquoise and it's something quite different.

Turquoise Google:
    Capture.jpg

Steel Blue Google:
    Capture1.jpg
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover

9. Back To Top    #9

Great! Now I am really confused. Maybe I should post a pic of water I want and then let someone say pick this liner. LOL

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by btreglown View Post
    Great! Now I am really confused. Maybe I should post a pic of water I want and then let someone say pick this liner. LOL
    That's exactly how I'd recommend doing it. It's really not as hard as people make it out to be.

Surface color of white through blue yields Windex through medium blue water.
    Surface color of tans, browns, & greens yields greenish water.
    Surface color of grays & blacks yields medium to very dark blue water.

There's more to it but that's the gist of it. The view that you see in the reflection of your pool from your primary viewing location can also affect it. If you see sky in your pool's reflection, the color will go towards lighter, if you see buildings or trees, it will go towards darker. If you live in Seattle, I'm sorry, don't build a pool.

11. Back To Top    #11

And here is the Platinum Black Onyx. It hasn't been started up yet and the water was just added late last week. Start up is tomorrow.

16k Gallon, IG Vinyl, 16 x 34 x 25 Lagoon. Pentair Intelliflo VS2, ScreenLogic 2, Pentair Sand Filter, Colorlogic LEDs, TF-100, Speedstir, Pentair 920 Prowler (Rosie), and all wine is fine.

12. Back To Top    #12

Dang, I don't know why the post did that.

16k Gallon, IG Vinyl, 16 x 34 x 25 Lagoon. Pentair Intelliflo VS2, ScreenLogic 2, Pentair Sand Filter, Colorlogic LEDs, TF-100, Speedstir, Pentair 920 Prowler (Rosie), and all wine is fine.

13. Back To Top    #13

Has it faded at all?

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by btreglown View Post
    Has it faded at all?
    Me? No but it was literally installed last week.

15. Back To Top    #15

Ours was installed last August so no fading at this point. The PB sales guy stopped by yesterday to bring us a gift. He remarked how good the gray skimmers look with the liner though as all they'd done was gray face plates. He says it makes a world of difference having the entire skimmer gray. Once we had them put in last year the owners of the company made them a line item option along with backfilling with gravel. Both things we pushed for during our build.

16. Back To Top    #16

What color liner lock and liner bead did you go with? I'm having looploc platinum onyx installed and can't decide between dark gray and black. If you have any photos will you post them please follow
    Samoah11

17. Back To Top    #17

Our liner decision was one of the hardest decisions i have ever made! I went back and forth between tan and grey liner until i wanted to cry. I ended up with Latham Natural Grey with no border. We have grey stained concrete around the pool and it looks awesome!!! I could not be happier with my choice! Here are a few pics of the steps and pool. It does not look dark, dirty or anything i was afraid of! I did not want the electric 80s blue and the blue of the grey liner is just gorgeous (IMO). Our first step is only about 2-3" deep, second step at about a foot (for reference)

SaveSave
    13,000 gal, 14 x 32 IG vinyl
    Hayward sand filter
    Installed 7/2016
    Latham Natural Grey liner, no border

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by jamboree01 View Post
    Our liner decision was one of the hardest decisions i have ever made! I went back and forth between tan and grey liner until i wanted to cry. I ended up with Latham Natural Grey with no border. We have grey stained concrete around the pool and it looks awesome!!! I could not be happier with my choice! Here are a few pics of the steps and pool. It does not look dark, dirty or anything i was afraid of! I did not want the electric 80s blue and the blue of the grey liner is just gorgeous (IMO). Our first step is only about 2-3" deep, second step at about a foot (for reference)

SaveSave
    Thank you for posting! We decided to go with the Latham Natural grey, no border as well. Such a hard decision!! Are you happy with borderless? We were hoping to get a more "gunite" look...do you find that you get that with the liner?

19. Back To Top    #19

So happy to find this thread! I am completely undecided between the Grey mosaic or Natural Grey..I would love to see more pictures of any of the "grey" family of Latham liners. Thank you so much!

20. Back To Top    #20

Anyone have pics of black onyx liner from loop loc??? Help!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast