Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Time to address my equipment

1. Back To Top    #1

Time to address my equipment

I think, after 15 years, its time to evaluate my existing equipment and look towards improving/upgrading. My pool is 35-40k with a waterfall feature, 2 skimmers, 2 deep end bottom drains and 2 wall returns. No automation. My present Jandy cartridge filter is showing its age. I wonder if my pump is adequate. I cannot distribute the return equally to my waterfall AND the wall returns without compromising the quality of the waterfall. It has to be about 75% waterfall and 25% wall returns when the filter has been cleaned and gets worse from there. My heater, a Jandy LRZ is relatively new.

I almost feel like its time to start from scratch, replace the pump and filter and incorporate automation. What would you put in a new pool/overhaul like this?
    35000 gallon inground kidney shaped pool with Pebble Tec finish built 2001
    Jandy CL580 cartridge filter; Polaris robot cleaner;
    Candy 1.5 HP Pro Series pump: Pentair IC60 SWCG
    Greenwood SC; no well; use TF-100 test kit I got online

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Time to address my equipment

I wonder if that pump isn't undersized for that size of pool and water features?

A variable speed pump is the latest rage... cuts down on energy costs yet can perform when you need more *oomph!*

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard