Cover-Pools Safe-T 3 DIY fabric replacement

May 19, 2015
Ridgecrest/CA
Just thought I'd share that this is a very easy DIY project anyone can handle with some patience and a few install manuals from other covers with similar mechanisms. Cover pools is very secretive with their installation manual, and only sells through "authorized" dealers so it can seem daunting, but I went to one of the many copy cat companies and I'm very happy with the result. I won't name them so this doesn't come off as a plug, but I probably saved $2,000 doing it myself. I got the typical $3000 quote from my local dealer, $1500 for the new cover (16x32) and $1500 for labor, and I spend $1100 total for new cover with ropes. It took me all of 4 hours with zero experience and that includes removal and replacement as well as full system servicing and two rope adjustments, which take about 5 minutes. Don't be intimidated. PM with any questions about the install. I don't expect a bunch of replies to this thread. Just wanted a vote of confidence to be searchable on google because I found NOTHING about this cover when I was trying to decide how to proceed.

Thank you VERY much for the encouraging note. This may be in Skippy and my future in a couple of years so its great to hear it can be done.

Have you found the answer to your test kit and maintenance questions?

Yippee :flower:

Just thought I'd share that this is a very easy DIY project anyone can handle with some patience and a few install manuals from other covers with similar mechanisms. Cover pools is very secretive with their installation manual, and only sells through "authorized" dealers so it can seem daunting, but I went to one of the many copy cat companies and I'm very happy with the result. I won't name them so this doesn't come off as a plug, but I probably saved $2,000 doing it myself. I got the typical $3000 quote from my local dealer, $1500 for the new cover (16x32) and $1500 for labor, and I spend $1100 total for new cover with ropes. It took me all of 4 hours with zero experience and that includes removal and replacement as well as full system servicing and two rope adjustments, which take about 5 minutes. Don't be intimidated. PM with any questions about the install. I don't expect a bunch of replies to this thread. Just wanted a vote of confidence to be searchable on google because I found NOTHING about this cover when I was trying to decide how to proceed.

Chiller just joined forum in order to try and pm you about where you purchased fabric. I'm confident enough about that job, but of course, have no idea how to message you!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.