Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What are the voltage requirements of Pentair 522473

1. Back To Top    #1

What are the voltage requirements of Pentair 522473

Hi everyone,

First post here

I have a Pentair Suntouch controller and just bought a Pentair Chlorine tank with PUMP (model 522473). As i understand it this chlorine tank needs an "newer" model of Automation controller to work worth $1,000...and out of my budget.

So, I was wondering if I can just connect it to an arduino to control the (voltage/electricity) to the pump to turn on and Off.

Does anyone know if the Pump works with DC or AC, and if it's DC what Volts and amps?

Thanks everyone,

Chris

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What are the voltage requirements of Pentair 522473

Hey Chris,

Sorry you never got an answer, or a welcome to the forum. You probably found your answer by now, so I just wanted to say welcome aboard.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Chris,

I found a manual for this and can't find anything on the voltage... sort of amazing they don't give better instructions but based on the diagram it looks like the power comes from the power center and is most likely providing 110 v. Can you look at the pump motor for voltage? Either way a home made Arduino, or any diy electronics board such as Raspberry Pi should work. How sophisticated do you want to go? Are you thinking of hooking it up to a CL probe or do you just want a timer function? There are inexpensive timers already available at very cheap price. The probe would need a simpe 4-20 ma control circuit. I haven't done much work with these but I've seen several available for free that should do the trick.

I hope this helps.

Chris
    -Chris-
    2013 In-ground plaster/pebble, screen enclosed, 12000 gal w/ Jandy 2 speed 1 HP pump, Jandy CS 200 cartridge filter, 800 gal spa w/ 1.5 HP booster pump, Solar heater, 2 LED lights in pool 1 light in spa, TF-100 test kit, The PoolCleaner Next Generation, Jandy RS-12 Automation system with iAqualink 2.0 control, Separate Hayward/Goldline Solar control

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by setsailsoon View Post
    Chris,

I found a manual for this and can't find anything on the voltage... sort of amazing they don't give better instructions but based on the diagram it looks like the power comes from the power center and is most likely providing 110 v. Can you look at the pump motor for voltage? Either way a home made Arduino, or any diy electronics board such as Raspberry Pi should work. How sophisticated do you want to go? Are you thinking of hooking it up to a CL probe or do you just want a timer function? There are inexpensive timers already available at very cheap price. The probe would need a simpe 4-20 ma control circuit. I haven't done much work with these but I've seen several available for free that should do the trick.

I hope this helps.

Chris
    thanks Chris,

so I called Pentair Tech support and they mentioned its a 24V DC pump, I am going to check the actual pump motor just to confirm,

Thanks
    Chris