Another pool from Northern California

Hello,

I have just taken over care of the pool I learned to swim in way back in the 1960's. My mom is passing the pool care torch off to me.

Pool and pump systems are in relatively good shape physically for one built in the 1950's and occasionally updated with new filters, pumps and other equipment, but the water chemistry is wayyyy out of whack.

What at a wonderful website, resource and community I have found here at TFP. Looking forward to sharing my pool adventures and learning from everyone.

Alan

Welcome! Awesome, awesome job completing your signature and your location! You're already way, way ahead of many people in your situation! We're glad to help whenever you're ready to work on getting the water right. Do you have any kind of test kit at all at the moment? If not, as you've read, the TF-100 is a great value and has everything you need in one box. If your pool is really green the XL option is a good investment. The approved test kits by other brands are 100% good enough too, but most of the top helpers on this site find the TF-100 to be their favorite deal and super fresh chemicals. Just remember to store it indoors, out of sunlight for max shelf life. Let us know if you have any questions at all!