New Filter install w/pics

Feb 18, 2014
Houston, TX
So i want to buy and install a pentair quad de 60" filter but dont know if it will fit in regards to the diameter.

As you will see in the picture, the plumbing by the heater is touching my filter. If i move it the opposite way from the pluming my booster pump will be in the way.

30b1f54f51cee1b3c258db2d5d107f62.jpg

8abd36194f4f2b8efec15dd67311eff0.jpg

279cf49e5174a20747aeb1cdea4ae195.jpg

1. Can someone give me the circumference of thier pentair quad de filter at 1'10" from the ground? The reason at the height is because some filters have a slight angle/taper.

2. Also does the bottom (base) of the filter look small like on mine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring the booster pump out in front, having the front of the pump facing heater. This should give you more room for the new filter. The quad filters are close to same diameter from top to bottom, where it's smaller at base

So i was going to buy a quad but ran into some plumbing issues. Since the quad de filter is designed like a sand filter it would require me to buy a 1.5" multiport 261173 which has the waste/backwash inlet on the opposite side of my current setup.

I have decided to buy a fns plus with a multiport 261177 to minimize the amount of replumbing.

My question is regarding the place of purchase. Should i buy it online and save $200?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.