Fiberglass Pool install...

Mnb,

Absolutely beautiful.

I do have a question, what kind of cover was that that you used before the automatic cover? I have been trying to figure out a way to cover my pool while I work on the decking.

ouachita said:
Mnb,

Absolutely beautiful.

I do have a question, what kind of cover was that that you used before the automatic cover? I have been trying to figure out a way to cover my pool while I work on the decking.

Thanks.

The blue cover that you see during construction is just a fairly cheap solar cover from Leslie Pools that I cut to fit. I think it was around a $100 or so.

I planned on keeping it as a backup cover in case my auto-cover had problems, but it got pretty gross by the time everything was done and I didn't feel like dealing with it, so I pitched it. We were trying to heat the pool (with the heater) and swim while we were waiting for the patio to be done, and it really helped to keep the heat in.

pool1999 said:
I know this in an older thread but your pictures are great! I am having an fiberglass pool installed soon and these pictures have put my mind at ease......

Thank you!

Glad you enjoyed them.

We're getting ready for our full third season and can't wait for it to get warm enough to open it up. Almost there!

I have no regrets in going the fiberglass route. It has been so easy to take care of and we have been really really happy with it.

Good luck with your install!

Really nice!! It's nerve racking when the shell is swinging so close to the house. When they installed mine, they had to use a crane and lift it over my house. I was scared to death!!

Love your patio furniture too!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
mnb said:
carlscan26 said:
Why does the pressure side pipe on your pump split off? It lokd like one side goes to the pump and the other goes back down in front of the pad?

Yes it does split. One side goes to the filter the other side goes to my slide.

Interesting. Is that to maintain pressure for the slide? Is there a valve by the pool or at the pad to turn the slide on/off?

carlscan26 said:
mnb said:
carlscan26 said:
Why does the pressure side pipe on your pump split off? It lokd like one side goes to the pump and the other goes back down in front of the pad?

Yes it does split. One side goes to the filter the other side goes to my slide.

Interesting. Is that to maintain pressure for the slide? Is there a valve by the pool or at the pad to turn the slide on/off?

Yes, it's to provide water down the slide. There is actually a valve both at the pad and at the slide to turn on or off. That way I can turn the slide on at the pad and I can also easily adjust the amount of water coming down the slide at the slide valve. Nice not to have to go back to the pad to adjust.

carlscan26 said:
Yeah that's a nice feature with the poolside valve. What I meant to ask was why split off right after the pump and not filter that water?

I can't really say, that's just the way my pb does it. Might have just been to get more flow on the slide. Or maybe just to make the equipment layout on the pad easier. I would assume that if it was split after the filter it would have to be split before it hit the heater and the swg.

Nit really a concern to me as most of the time (when we are not swimming), the slide water is not on anyway.

That is a really nice setup. I was just curious since its been 3 years now, how is your overpour/cantilever deck holding up to the salt water? Everything OK there? I really want to do that on mine, but I have heard a few people say the salt eats at the concrete, even some PB's here said it, so I cant decide. Do you seal it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.