Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sliding board lines and fittings

1. Back To Top    #1

Sliding board lines and fittings

I have an older sliding board that needs new lines and fittings. I initally went to Lowes and bought some clear tubbing. When I was removing the old stuff the fittings started falling apart from old age and deterioration. Does anyone know where I can get fittings? In will need one that attachs to the water hose at the base of the slide, then the water runs uphill to a fitting that dumps water at the top of the slide, then the water line runs back down to a fitting that dumps the rest of the water in the middle of the slide. I have not been to the pool store since I found this site, and I suspect they may stock what I need, but I thought I would ask here first.

Thanks!
    18x36, IG, Vinyl, 25,000 gal, S-200, 3/4 Super Pump, BBB or bust!
    I have a new bottom, new plumbing, and everything is working good!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Sliding board lines and fittings

There is a kit that can be purchased that replaces the hardware on slides. I got it and didn't like it....flimsy parts, etc.

I chose to go to HD/Lowe's and cobble together the parts I needed to make it work. I think the only things I retained from the old slide were the "nozzles" that produce a flat spray across the surface of the slide.

I imagine you can find that repair kit online if you choose to go that route.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

a slide tubing and fitting kit is less than 20 at the store I work for, it might be worth getting to save the hassle.
    Matthew
    Involved in the pool and spa industry
    Pittsburgh, PA

4. Back To Top    #4

I had the same problem. I also went to Lowes and got some tubing and related pieces for much less than the kits. However, I can not find the spray caps anywhere. I was not able to reuse mine as they crumbled when I removed them. Anyone have any luck finding these little caps?

Riles
    16x32 IG vinyl, 19,000 gal, 1.0 hp pump, sand filter, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, diving board, slide