New Owner-Builder in Las Vegas

So trip 1 was just my bad. I forgot to have the load calculations for the electrical which is required if you have 2+ pumps. Trip 2 City of LV reviewed the plans and had some additions needed. Trip 3 the place was closed, and trip 4 plans seemed to be ok. Waiting for final approval. (4-8 days according to the person I spoke with). In the mean time, pool layout was done today, I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it.

So after a long delay on permits, I finally got them. Excavation started last Saturday and finished on Tuesday. Next step plumbing...

Photo20Apr20082082008205020AM_zpsehg5urq-1.jpg

Photo20Apr20092032028204520PM_zpsuugrov4-1.jpg

Photo20Apr20102062022201620PM_zpsnefqjp9-1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So i'm really bad at posting here, but kinda felt we were slowly trickling along for a while. Well today was finally got to shotcrete. The company has been so busy they were 7-10 days behind, or we would have had it almost 2 weeks ago.

Here are the recent progress photos. Really looking forward to the rock slide taking shape. Will take more photos tonight when I get home and it's done.

IMG_1941_zpsex7tmwak-1.jpg

IMG_1940_zpsj7lbfbb3-1.jpg

IMG_1979_zpsp7ntg64q-1.jpg

IMG_2001_zpsmykceqhg-1.jpg

IMG_2123_zpsagtum4jz-1.jpg

IMG_2122_zpszawio7j3-1.jpg

Really amazing to watch the rock guy build this metal frame out of nothing. Very talented.

- - - Updated - - -

Shotcrete at lunch today. Small error in that the pillars in the back were only supposed to be a few inches into the pool. Thankfully we caught it early and they were working on fixing it when I left. Can't wait till I get home.

IMG_2174_zpsh8mbhugq-1.jpg

IMG_2173_zpsaranotwl-1.jpg

IMG_2176_zpsz8wgygwn-1.jpg

OK, progress update. We are almost there. Had some delays, like when the tile company called 2+ weeks ago the day before they were supposed to install tile to tell me the tile we ordered was out of stock until August!!!. I got online and found a place in NY that had what I needed. Ordered it, it shipped in a few days and we lost 7-10 days rather than 2 months. Of course the day the tile is suppose to be delivered, I get a call from the trucking company to tell me the driver is out of hours and can't deliver (meanwhile tile is scheduled for next day). So i drove out to the other side of town to pick it up. Tile is in now and looks awesome. Of course my pool contractor was also great about it and deducted my cost of ordering the tile (including $250 for shipping) from our contracted price. we then upgraded some more stuff so...bye bye savings. See the progress pictures below, waiting for the rock to get painted. Pebble tech is scheduled for Sunday!

The day before they call you to say the tile is out of stock????? NO WAY :shock: I can just see your fingers flying to find some you could get fast! WOW THEN the driver was out of hours :( At least he was close enough for you to go pick it up but WOW what a time you have had of it with just the tile!

I love every thing I see! What fun that pool will be when it is all done!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.