Leaking PVC Joint at Pump

Hello All,

I'm a big fan of this site and it's helped me countless times without needing to post. This time, I was hoping for some feedback from the community on a leaking PVC joint coming out of my pool pump towards the sand filter. I'm hesitant to cut out PVC and try to replace it because there is so little space to work with.

I've added some pictures of the pvc with arrrows pointing to where the leak is. Any advice on how to best proceed would be appreciated!

DSCF4416.jpgDSCF4419.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF4416.jpg
    DSCF4416.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 42
Welcome to the forum! Good to have you here :)

I would replace it, but it sounds like you're deciding whether to let it leak or replace the pipe. A tiny leak like a drip every few seconds might not be worth the bother to you, I'm not sure. If you're keen to fix it, but a bit hesitant, that's a good size job to learn on. Lots of us here can walk you through it. Minimum tools are average quality adjustable pliers, bow hacksaw and probably a keyhole hacksaw.

It looks like it has already been "repaired" in the past.

Seems to me it would be best to replace the whole line. It would be easy to do...........you would need that side of the union (might have to buy the whole thing). It looks like the pipe screws into the pump at the top.

If you are interested we could walk you through it.

Kim:kim:

Add a union at the pump while you are at it. It will make things easier in the future, and it seals to the pump much better and easier than your current setup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.