In ground pool liners for replacement above ground pool liner??

Aug 14, 2015
South Central Texas
With the limited selection of above ground liners and colors, is there any reason NOT to use an in-ground liner in an above ground pool, considering beaded j-hook should be the same, correct? The reason I'm asking, we're looking to upgrade our current 18' Intex to something in the 28'-33' range, but don't particularly like the blue liners. We were thinking tan or lighter grey colors for liners, as my wife likes the aquamarine colors tan liners cast. Cost isn't really a factor, but virgin vinyl is a must. Thanks in advance! :D

Not necessarily custom, just not blue! :D We are looking at replacing the Intex with a larger round AGP (too many options on brands, so we're not sure which one yet). Ideally, I want to customize most everything about the next pool prior to installation, including pump, coving, rail tops, skimmers, lights, stairs, etc. Basically replacing a standard thin mil 28'-33' liner of Brand X AGP with a tan (or light grey) in-ground 27 mil liner, simply because of there being more options in tan colors for in-ground pools. I'm basically gonna be throwing away a brand new blue liner when our new pool arrives if we find a suitable tan liner to replace it with during install.

To me, too, a liner is liner. I just was unsure why there's always a separation of AGP and IGP on replacement liner websites. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.