Size of salt cell for 25,000g pool?

Yes, the IC60 is better because it can produce more chlorine so you can run it and your pump less. Also, some folks have done some cost benefit analyses of the IC40 vs IC60 and you get more chlorine for your buck.

I have a cell rated for 52,000 gallons for my 19,000 gallon pool, and I can run at a low power / %age. I am in the south and have direct sunlight on the pool for most of the day, so that is another reason I wanted it oversized, and to be able to boost to high levels when needed. The chlorine use will definitely increase as water temperature increases, depending upon the amount of direct sunlight you get, the level of the cyanuric acid, and bather load.

For you, the IC40 "should" be sufficient, but if you can afford it, I would definitely go with the IC60. My original installed SWG was undersized and I replaced within months.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.