S300i Refurbished -- Any DolphinTech users here?

free0177

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Austin, TX
We purchased a S300i factory refurbished last week. It is turning into a frustration..

The problem is.. The unit shows as a "S300 US DEMO" in the MyDolphin app. :(
Maytronics confirmed the Serial Number is an S300i.. (So likely these refurbished units are rebadged & reprogrammed demos..)

It seems simple enough . A software update should resolve..
We have been working with Maytronics every day for the past week.. We have made no progress.

Anyone with experience with the Maytronics DolphinTech app?

Free,

Sorry I can't help with a specific answer, but it might help others here to understand the heart of the problem.

What actual problem are you seeing with the operation of the unit? What does not work? How is this linked to the name of the unit?

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

What actual problem are you seeing with the operation of the unit? What does not work? How is this linked to the name of the unit?

The S-series units all have the same basic functionality, but the upgrades units unlock additional cleaning modes.

S200: one mode, 2-hour
S300: two modes, 1-hour & 2-hour
S300i: four modes, 1-hour, 1.5-hour, 2-hour, 2.5-hour

These additional cleaning options of the S300i can only be accessed via the MyDolphin app.

By having the unit detected as an S300 - I can access the 1.5 & 2.5hr modes.

Am wondering if the DolphinTech support app may allow us more insights or refresh the unit programming.

Updated Review.

I purchased a refurbished unit from Maytronics. Unfortunately it was defective out of the box and had multiple faults. After a week of daily calls with customer service and not being reach successful resolution, Maytronics issued a new unit.

Painfully it required escalation, but happy to report that in the end Maytronics did the right thing and stood behind their unit.

My only recourse.. Return for a refund (minus 20% restocking)

Not likely. I've never heard of a credit card that wouldn't back their customer in a case like this. You paid for one product and got another. Call your credit card if the seller and/or manufacturer won't make it right. Your credit card company will most likely be happy to reverse the charge for the unit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.