Dolphin S300i - What are its extra cleaning modes?

free0177

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Austin, TX
Current literature shows S300i as having four cleaning modes:
  • 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 hr
  • aka, Fast / Standard / Enhanced / Deep-Clean
What are two additional modes ( Enhanced & Deep Clean)?.. It's my understanding that Fast = floor only & Standard = floor+water line..

I have a S300 demo unit now..
  • Under-impressed by it's water line scrub -- most times it'll only only scrub ~1-2 foot segments before reversing.. My pool is rectangular, I would have expected it to do the long segments..
  • It's not really scrubbing walls, other than the act of climbing to the water-line..
Leaves me wondering if S300i has better modes.. So far am feeling like I should just get the basic S200 unit..

img007.jpg

Current literature shows S300i as having four cleaning modes:
  • 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 hr
  • aka, Fast / Standard / Enhanced / Deep-Clean
What are two additional modes ( Enhanced & Deep Clean)?.. It's my understanding that Fast = floor only & Standard = floor+water line..

I have a S300 demo unit now..
  • Under-impressed by it's water line scrub -- most times it'll only only scrub ~1-2 foot segments before reversing.. My pool is rectangular, I would have expected it to do the long segments..
  • It's not really scrubbing walls, other than the act of climbing to the water-line..
Leaves me wondering if S300i has better modes.. So far am feeling like I should just get the basic S200 unit..

View attachment 56976

If the s300 doesn't scrub the waterline then someone forgot to tell mine. I've had mine for a year and couldn't be happier. Are expecting the machine to rise to the waterline and then move horizontally along the entire length of the wall? That would be pretty impressive and I haven't seen any robot do that.

I spoke to a local store about this and they said that it has a defined circuit in terms of feet (something like 10 feet). So for example if it climbs a 4 foot wall it will then clear the water line for 6 feet and then go back down. In an 8 foot deep end it would only clean the water line for 2 feet etc. Something to that effect. Maybe that helps explain why it's not cleaning an entire waterline in one go?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.