Layout Help

Some notes on your proposed layout. The blue spruce location that you show is only 9' +/- from the trunk to the bar stools. In time, a blue spruce, unless it is a vary narrow cultivar, will take over that space with ease, leaving no space to even walk by. I'd recommend drawing trees in their mature size to get the correct perspective. Is your equipment pad the rectangle behind the shed? That's one option, though it's a long run from your electrical source. What is your heating fuel? Electric or gas? If it's gas, that's a long, expensive run.

Bigger picture, if you plan to remove the Sunburst Honeylocust, you may consider pivoting the pool so that the bottom right corner moves over to the change of direction in the fence on the right while keeping the same offset from the fence, albeit now on the opposite side of the pool. This does several things. One is that I believe it keeps your pool in the sun longer in the later afternoon. I know that much of our swimming is late afternoon and it sure feels nice to have sun on you (keeping in mind your northern location - not Texas). Even in Maryland, I find myself wanting sun more often than shade while I'm in the pool. Not to mention more sun on pool equals less money heating it. That is, if in fact that move in fact improves your sun angle (I think it does). A second thing it does is kind of esoteric. When viewed from your house looking at the end of the pool makes it look smaller. If the pool is angled, it will look larger and seem like you are seeing more of it. I would also at least draw it up (and maybe even a third way if possible) just to see if something strikes your fancy that you didn't first expect.

Hopefully this works. I've had to use imgur because don't know how to delete the images that i've uploaded - so i cant add images directly. Sorry for the inconvience ( any tips on how to to delete the uploaded images so i can add others would be appreciated).

I've posted two designs -let me know what you think. All help and ideas are welcome.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Layout wise I think I like the last one best. Pool square with the house and straight steps across the deck.

I have come back and looked and relooked. I am really leaning towards the last one also. I like the way it is set up because:

-hot tub closer to house

-gazebo becomes a "destination area" and is very visually appealing to look at there and does not block the view at all.

Kim:kim:

I was able to embed them in the thread. They both look great! I have no idea how to pick! :shock:

Now I hope the layout is set more or less in my mind. thanks to everyones help.

I could use help with the pool equipment, here is what we have quoted to far:
16'x32' rectangle pool ( might change to 18'x34' if space allows)
16' wide steel steps with 2 jets ( might change to 18' if space allows)
Jandy 1 variable speed pump
Jandy 340 cartridge filter
Jandy JX126 260000btu electronic ignition natural gas heater ( 2" lines)
Jandy Aqua pure digital salt system and salt
2-white aqua lamp lights in pool
1 grey skimmer for pool re-circulation and 4 returns
30 mil vinyl liner
Maintenance kit, vac pole, vac head, test kit, fabrene clip in closing winter cover
double track aluminum coping (cantilever)
4'X8" concrete pad for pool equipment
pool to be backfilled with 3/4 clear gravel
pool to be bonded to equipment pad with #6 bare bonding wire
PDA automation panel
safety cover
2 led pool lights

Any recommendations or things to consider with the pool equipment?
thanks

A couple of thoughts:

-Light by the equipment pad!

-Valves-Jandy neverlube

-heater-have a bypass-you never know when you will need it. Better to have and not need then...........need and not have.

-water bib by the equipment pad for clean and such

-what test kit? Try for at least the Taylor 2006 (NOT 2005). If they will let you pick which one then go for the best one-TF-100 (can be found in my siggy below)

A couple of thoughts:

-Light by the equipment pad!

-Valves-Jandy neverlube

-heater-have a bypass-you never know when you will need it. Better to have and not need then...........need and not have.

-water bib by the equipment pad for clean and such

-what test kit? Try for at least the Taylor 2006 (NOT 2005). If they will let you pick which one then go for the best one-TF-100 (can be found in my siggy below)

thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.