New Pool + Cabana + Putting Green - Lucas, TX

Going to be a great pool - I haven't read each post in detail, but a note on one of the drawings for landscaping, I see Oleander - that is not good for dogs, one of the more poisonous plants for them. What I like in this part of the country are Azaleas and even better the newer Encore Azaleas - they are green year round and they are supposed to bloom 3 times a year - I get two blooms for sure and a couple of years I've had 3. They are hardy and make really nice plants. If you put good acidic soil in for them the will be almost maintenance free.

I got an response from the landscaper today. I haven't asked him to change the plant species yet. That will come next. But this is a step in the right direction. My wife thinks we need something to soften the fence line. Any ideas??

Well look at that! You have a pool size hole in your back yard now! SWEET! Did you measure it? Is it deep, wide, long, etc enough? Add about 8" for gunite and plaster. NOW is the time to tweak or change if needed/wanted.

Kim:kim:

Well look at that! You have a pool size hole in your back yard now! SWEET! Did you measure it? Is it deep, wide, long, etc enough? Add about 8" for gunite and plaster. NOW is the time to tweak or change if needed/wanted.

I will measure it when I get home today. Been out of town all week. I think if I make another change at this point the PB might kill me. Lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your backyard is going to be awesome!!! I just wanted to let you know another option for the tree part of the landscaping. If you have some free time to drive up to Gunter there is a tree farm up there called Treeland Nursery. We recently used them to plant 3 Eastern Red Cedars ''Brodie" to help soften our fence and give some privacy. You can also go on their website and look at what they have in stock, the sizes and the prices of them vs what your landscaper is charging. They are very nice and knowledgeable people who own the nursery. You can also have them deliver and plant them. With our 3- 30 gallon trees it took them an hour to dig, plant and tie down. I surely couldn't have done it that fast. I also enjoyed going up there and picking out the ones I wanted... All around a great experience!

Thanks, D

Edit- oops!! I went back and re-read the landscape part and somehow missed seeing Sham recommended Treeland already :).

I am not really talking about changes as much as making sure it is correct. Some crews are more used to "cookie cutter" builds and forget about the plans if it is a "different" pool than they are used to. Better to find and fix any problems NOW instead of waiting until steel or gunite.

:hug:

So here's a question I have for the brain trust...

The renderings clearly show a bubbler on the tanning ledge...

But I noticed today that there is no pvc leading to that spot....

The PB has warned me about relying too much on the 3d rendering. It's the 2d plan that they use to build the pool. So I go check the plan and sure enough, no bubbler.

PB is great about talking to me about the pros and cons, even took time to call me on a Saturday to discuss.

Pros: better water movement to help prevent algae

Cons: it's an ugly pvc pipe sticking up out of our beautiful flagstone ledge. They get in the way of using the ledge. Sure you can remove them but that's a pain.

The kids think they're cool. The wife doesn't want it to distract from the flagstone ledge (her favorite design element).

What say you...? should I add the bubbler back? Should I add two? After all it's a pretty long tanning ledge.

Oh wait I'm confused about what you are asking about the bubbler. We have a bubbler on our tanning ledge but there is no pvc pipe sticking up. It's just a pool return, gray just like the ones on the sides of pool... (so I guess mine is not really a 'bubbler' but it makes a little fountain like what is pictured in your 3D pic) :)

The printing on the 2d pic is to small for me to read. Where are the skimmers and returns? THAT will be what I would look for. They can control the flow of water better than a bubbler.

We can help with the fun factor for the littles. You can put a floating fountain they will love to plan under! It is easy in and out of the pool and does not cost much. We will work on that when you are ready to swim.

I have one return and 2 bubblers on my sun shelf (6" water depth). The return comes up from the floor and works great for clearing the shelf. The bubblers are nice to have, but not practical for water movement on the shelf to move dirt and debris. (I don't want them running that much.) Most people don't notice the fittings at all, except when on! They are not comfy to sit on, but you only make that mistake once! Lol!! After that, you know where to park yourself. They have not been a problem with our chairs - we don't use loungers on the shelf. I don't think loungers would be a problem either. My sun shelf looks to be much smaller than yours.

Oh wait I'm confused about what you are asking about the bubbler. We have a bubbler on our tanning ledge but there is no pvc pipe sticking up. It's just a pool return, gray just like the ones on the sides of pool... (so I guess mine is not really a 'bubbler' but it makes a little fountain like what is pictured in your 3D pic) :)

Hmmm... I'm new to this. I thought a bubbler had a pvc tube. Are you saying that all I need is a return on the shelf pointing up?

Do you have a picture of yours?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.