So Cal Pool Remodel Cost?

So I had a guy come out this morning and give me an estimate on remodeling my pool.

Bid #1
Stonescapes Mini Pebble $7700
Redo Plumbing and move deck box for new light - $3800
Flagstone Coping - $3400
Waterline Tile - $1500

Total - $16,400.

this price includes a 1 color light replacement, new skimmer and removal of all old plaster.

He didn't put it on the estimate, but verbally he told me $5000 to add a Baja step and $10,000 to add a rock work waterfall

Bid #2
Pebble tec $7755
Redo Plumbing - $4000
Move deck box and new light - $2640
Precast Coping - $5460
Waterline Tile - $1970

Total - $21,825

Bid #3
Stonescapes Mini Pebble $7100
Redo Plumbing including moving deck box and new light $3400
Pour in place cantilever coping $3850
waterline and step tile $2100
Baja Step - $2350
Total - $19100

To dovetail on what bdavis466 has said, you really need at least three estimates (with the same materials) to make sense of local pricing. It's so variable that there's no way to know what "overpriced" really means...

I guess the comparison is based off a couple of friends who got some work done not too long ago, but I guess pool size, materials etc will differ. I'll get a couple more estimates, I had Gardner in Anaheim no show last month and I wanted to get a pebble sheen estimate... am I correct in guessing pebble Tec/sheen are more expensive than Stonescapes?

Often 1.5-2 times the price because you are paying for a little more quality control.

Anyone can buy and install the StoneScapes products which is good for keeping it less expensive but bad since not all installers may be qualified.

Pebble Tech can only be installed by a Pebble Tech distributor who each have exclusive territories.

Adding a Baja step and waterfall are projects that require a bit of engineering because of rebar and making sure the bulk of the weight doesn't rest on the pool wall. You want the new shell to join with the old shell so they become one giant hunk of concrete.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here's what were working with. Approximately 30x15. Pool light doesnt work, have old deck electrical box. 3 returns all along the shallow 15 ft wall.

IMG_4144(1).jpg
Behind that red portion of the garage I have a 10x8 space which might be a good spot to move the equipment to however its about 60-70ft from the returns.
IMG_7560.jpg
Considering new Variable speed pump and de filter.

Old Saw Patch from some plumbing work, not sure when I bought the property last year.
IMG_7559-L.jpg

Uncovered copper line to last return which is connected to 1 1/4 Schedule 40 PVC.
IMG_7567-XL.jpg

Another copper return.
IMG_7571-XL.jpg

I will rent a lowboy, if my calculations are correct I can fit it in 1 lowboy bin which will cost me around $600. A few pizzas, beers and some friends and we will have it done in a day. Spent most of the day moving all the concrete from over near
my gate where the bin will be.

Anyone have any idea what this is? It's a couple of pieces of rebar which have some sort of rod sticking up vertically looks like there is some kind of wire attached to one of the pieces of rebar. Also that ligntbox which I was told is out of code was going to cost me almost $3k to be moved, one of the reasons why I decided to take this on myself.

IMG_7631-X2.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.