Monterrey, NL, Mexico
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
New to TFP but not to pools. Im finishing building my new house, its a 3 level with the pool being on the lower one. The property
has a 40º incline which made the yard and pool to be suspended on pylons. The yard and pool were poured monolithically out of concrete.
This was made about 4 months ago. The house is still not done and probably will move in in about 2 months.

The pool is all plumbed and the equipment has been bought but not installed. My next step is to star the install of the glass beads.
The adhesive is water impermeable.

My question to you guys is about which method to use for startup and what effect of the methods on the glass beads and adhesive????
Most probably the glass install will be left out to dry for at least a month until i move in. If it has taken that long for me to fill the pool
would't be reasonable to just fill to regular/standard chem levels without using the other methods??

Thanks

Felipe

Welcome to TFP! +1 to pics!

I would treat that pool as a plaster pool, it is the same as a pebble or quartz finish, and do a bicarb start up, A Bicarb Start-up guide for TFP members. The plaster installer will likely want to fill the pool right away, it shouldn't be left empty for a month. They will want to install the finish on day 1 and acid wash and fill on day 2 to begin curing the plaster.

I just had a call with the pool guy, and did not have a clue what i was talking about. Not surprised but got me thinking that since the plaster is not in contact with water maybe
that is why they dont do it. My only doubt is the grout between the pool tiles(Kolorines). It is a cement type of plaster with color(white). I guess the Bicarb startup would not hurt anything and benefit if any.

This is a picture while being poured. I will get you more pictures soon,
Thanks

IMG_4156.jpg

cf22e6ade323e25af577a23337522bea.jpg

Update exterior tiles being applied!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Tony!
The pool is on the back burner since filling the piñata (house) is a priority!
Let me know when you are in Mty and we can grab a beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.