Help! Need contrator and plumber to help with Atlanta pool-98% complete

Jan 31, 2016
Atlanta, Georgia
hi everyone,
this is my first post but I have lurked here for a while. We started building last February and ended up having to take over the project from our original PB due to incompetence and mismanagement (read stealing) of our money. We still have a few issues - spa won't heat on its own (but heater works for entire pool, just cannot isolate). The lights seem to not work with the remote so the colors never correspond to what you choose. The grass strips in concrete around the pool were improperly installed as well. We have a SWG and all else seem to be working ok. We aren't having a tough time finding individuals who can fix the remaining items though. Any recommendations?

Re: Help! Need contractor & plumber to help with Atlanta pool--98% complete

I am sorry to hear you had such a bad time with your PB. How about you do a bullet list of what still needs work so we can go down them one at a time.

Do you have any DIY skills and tools? If so some of the things may be things you can fix with guidance.

Kim:kim:

Hi Kim,
Thanks so much for organizing us! Let's just assume we have no DIY skills as unfortunately we went with what we thought was one of the best contractors in town in order to avoid having to spend any time with maintenance. He currently is servicing the pool for free in order to pay off the debt he owes us under the contract, but unfortunately we found out about half way through the term of the contract, that he had suffered an accident and had 2 brain injuries and has no business building pools anymore. We ideally would like someone who is a "one stop shop" who can fix the below. All that said, here is what is left:
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif]Improperly installed plumbing is causing the pool to not be able to enter spa mode- it won't heat by itself;[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]- Auto fill won't turn off by itself and is draining into neighbor's yard causing soggy grass (need valve installed apparently)[/FONT]

- Pool heater that was not working correctly at installation and required rework;
- Pool lights do not turn to color as specified on remote (for example, if you select caribbean blue, it will flash red, white and blue instead).
- Deck mini jets (fountains) have insufficient pressure and aren't even. I will try and up load photos to explain

Pool during day - the jets are along the right and left but I'm afraid it's hard to see them in the photo.

Photo of pool at night to show lights - mismatched and never the color you select

What a pretty pool and area! WOW! Makes the problems seem worse as everything else looks great :(

Okay here is an idea..........call some other PB in your area to see if they would be willing to step up and fix the stuff. Keep calling or even go by their offices if they have one. A big smile on your face and a hopeful look in your eyes would be hard for some to turn down.

Another idea.....were there any of the subs that did good work that you could talk to? They all know each other. They might have an idea of someone or ones who could and would finish up for you.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.