Going to try a jetter kit out on the pipes

Feb 13, 2016
Deltona, FL
My pressure has been slowly declining and no longer rotates the caretaker nozzles. I do know I can get a fair amount of deviation by manipulating the skimmer/main valve. I picked up this jetter kit to hook up to my pressure washer :
Sewer Jetter Kit - 50 | eBay
Only problem with it is the oversized nozzle. It came with a #4.5 and to match it to my pressure washer a #3 is probably closer to correct. So I am getting a cornering nozzle from here which should be here by tomorrow:
Cornering Nozzle for Sewer Jetters

Will update if there is any improvement or not.

Saber,

The pressure on the caretaker valve assy has been slowly declining? I take it you believe that something is in the line to your caretaker system that is causing the problem?

I would suspect you need to rebuild your five port valve assy.

Will be interested in what you find.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Yeah I am losing about 10 psi going from the filter top (best I get there with a clean filter is 18psi) to the caretaker about 30 feet away (between 7-8 psi) through 2" OD PVC. I do plan on rebuilding the Jandy unit at some point, just wanted to be sure there were no other issues first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Oh well, can't say the jetter did any good. Think the caretaker gave up the ghost tonight too. Have a rebuild kit on the way. At least I was always figuring on using the jetter inside the house too.

Ok, got the rebuild kit in and while I had to drill out some new screw holes (2 of them were pulled out), but luckily the kit comes with 12 screws and nuts. After getting it back in the system came up and is working just fine again.
Got a solar blanket reel and hopefully have a hp50ha heat pump in next week.

Wanted to update, was able to get a couple new heads for the pop ups. They are an aftermarket unit and I had to make my own insertion tool out of a 1 1/4" pvc cap. Otherwise the new ones work better than the old.

Took a few weeks to get the heat pump hooked up, but since I turned it on last Friday night (4 days now) I have gone up 18 degrees from 65 to 83 and was able to hop in tonight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.